New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Anybody want to take a grad EE course at SBU w/me?

Old 08-29-2004, 03:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anybody want to take a grad EE course at SBU w/me?

I've decided to pursue graduate studies in Electrical Engineering with a possible emphasis on DSP and Wireless Comm P/T while I work F/T at my job. Anybody interested in taking the first course "Linear Systems" with me? Linear Systems is a required intro EE grad course. I don't personally know of anyone taking EE at Stony Brook University, so if anyone wants to take some courses together, let me know.

I just registered for that class this Friday (8/27) through the School of Professional Development at SBU. The reason being that as of right now, I can't be admitted officially into the EE grad dept since I have no GREs and my undergrad major was in Computer Info Systems. I'll probably take this course and another, then officially apply for EE by transferring them into the grad major and by then I would have taken my GREs. All you need to get into the School of Prof Dev is to submit a 5 minute app and pay the registration fee - basically 100% admittance rate. It's still not too late to register.

Also anyone who has received their Masters in EE or is in the process of working towards it, any suggestions and recommendations would be appreciated (i.e. the assumed prereqs, what they assume you should know getting into the masters program, etc).

http://www.ee.sunysb.edu
http://ws.cc.stonybrook.edu/spd/
Old 08-29-2004, 03:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry I made duplicate posts because I thought the post didn't go through initially. This is the real thread.