New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Anyone know if this was a member's car.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNJ,Feb 25 2010, 08:07 AM
Sales guys are asses
Old 02-25-2010, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by katchup,Feb 25 2010, 11:22 AM
i want a tL-s
Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i was in the market, it was between the TL and the S2k and you can prolly figure out which i chose. but i still really love the TL...surprisingly the insurance is higher on the TL my ex used to have one. it was my car for 2 years. i loved it. i wished it was the 6speed so hard
Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K KiDD,Feb 25 2010, 02:01 AM
Mike Lasko
Yes, that was the guy.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:46 PM

I am going to try and make this as short as possible. So i bought this car 3 days ago, i flew from Ohio to go pick it up. This is why i am pissed and will never deal with these people again. John Mollicone is the salesman i spoke with over the phone and made the deal with. John sent me 9 Pictures of the car and it looks like new. I stated this in my email back to him "I have looked at a few and have yet to buy one only because I am looking for one that is showroom condition ( no dings,dents,scratches,excessive stone chips,curbed rims,stained carpet,interior nicks,scratches,or flaws). The pictures look great and the car looks flawless. I am very interested if you can assure me that the car is indeed showroom condition. I am in Ohio and I am about 6 hours from your dealership, I am looking to buy asap as soon as I find one in the condition I described" He kept telling me how this was the cleanest s2k he has ever saw and that it does not even have the little swirl scratches in the paint you get from just washing the car. He ensured me this car was nothing less then showroom condition. This pictures i received did not show a picture of the engine, so i asked him to look under the hood and make sure it was completely stock. He called back said it has no intake or anything and is stock and looks just as good as the outside. So we work out some numbers and i booked a flight.

So i am at bridgewater Acura i go outside and start looking at the car first thing i notice are the holes on each side of the car because it is missing the side strakes. Like someone ripped them off, i was so pissed. They told me that's how we got the car if you want the side strakes you have to pay for them. So next i open up the hood and what do i see a cold air intake. I was so pissed at this point. The car is clean overall and looks like it only has 8k miles but why lie to me over the phone. I am done buying cars out of state. I am also pissed that i did not get the S2000 key all i got was one key fob and a regular Honda key. There is more details to this story but point is BEWARE OF BRIDGEWATER ACURA
Old 02-25-2010, 03:58 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

sorry to hear... prob ripped off the strakes and sold them to a buddy when he traded it in or whatever. if that's all that is wrong with the car and you like the $$$ at 8 grand it has to be in good shape... What kind of CAI?

Next time ask one of us to give it a look, had no idea you were in Ohio, i drive within a mile of that place every day.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by I love My S2k,Feb 25 2010, 04:46 PM
I am going to try and make this as short as possible. So i bought this car 3 days ago, i flew from Ohio to go pick it up. This is why i am pissed and will never deal with these people again. John Mollicone is the salesman i spoke with over the phone and made the deal with. John sent me 9 Pictures of the car and it looks like new. I stated this in my email back to him "I have looked at a few and have yet to buy one only because I am looking for one that is showroom condition ( no dings,dents,scratches,excessive stone chips,curbed rims,stained carpet,interior nicks,scratches,or flaws). The pictures look great and the car looks flawless. I am very interested if you can assure me that the car is indeed showroom condition. I am in Ohio and I am about 6 hours from your dealership, I am looking to buy asap as soon as I find one in the condition I described" He kept telling me how this was the cleanest s2k he has ever saw and that it does not even have the little swirl scratches in the paint you get from just washing the car. He ensured me this car was nothing less then showroom condition. This pictures i received did not show a picture of the engine, so i asked him to look under the hood and make sure it was completely stock. He called back said it has no intake or anything and is stock and looks just as good as the outside. So we work out some numbers and i booked a flight.

So i am at bridgewater Acura i go outside and start looking at the car first thing i notice are the holes on each side of the car because it is missing the side strakes. Like someone ripped them off, i was so pissed. They told me that's how we got the car if you want the side strakes you have to pay for them. So next i open up the hood and what do i see a cold air intake. I was so pissed at this point. The car is clean overall and looks like it only has 8k miles but why lie to me over the phone. I am done buying cars out of state. I am also pissed that i did not get the S2000 key all i got was one key fob and a regular Honda key. There is more details to this story but point is BEWARE OF BRIDGEWATER ACURA
Well... You were warned by practically everyone who bothered responding....
It should be fine, just like you, I had a hard time finding bone stock s2k.... It seems like people can't help themselves but modify these cars... However, with 9K, the car should be fine....
Old 02-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Yeah I should have asked about the dealership first before I flew out there.
Yeah only 9,000 miles whoever did own the car did care for it and took care of it.
I remember a member on here sold those cross member covers well this car
has one on it that's why I thought he may have been a member on here. Unless someone else makes and sells those things.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

cross member covers?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I love My S2k,Feb 25 2010, 07:46 PM

yea I coulda warned ya about them. Hope everything works out for you.

Quick Reply: Anyone know if this was a member's car.