New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Anyone need any help with their s2k?

Old 01-08-2010, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone need any help with their s2k?

Hey guys-

I figured a few of you probably have put your s2k away for the winter, and I know a lot of guys use the winter "down" time to upgrade to forced induction.

If anyone needs any help installing a turbo or a supercharger, let me know!

I am starting to itch to work on a car again (sold the s2k in June, and then sold my DD Subaru Legacy GT 2 months ago).

If you have garage space and tools (I had to leave all my tools back in FL before I moved, as I do not have a garage currently), I am willing to work for beer / other intoxicating items.

Here was my old turbo s2k. Equal length header, GT35r turbo, AEM EMS, full body kit, built motor... etc. I did everything on it myself, with the exception of installing the built block (I have even changed a head gasket myself before). I also did some custom LED lighting in the foot wells, which was activated by the door opening (like some high-end european cars), which only cost me $50 in parts, as well as a custom 2-DIN DVD player solution.
A few pics of my old ride:

If you are not FI, and just want a hand changing a header / body parts / suspension / differential / intake / etc., I can do all that stuff too...

Hope to hear / help someone on their s2k in the near future!

John
Old 01-08-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how you liking ny man?
you should come out to the queens meet on tuesday to meet some peeps!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:32 PM

will you work for some sticky icky?
Old 01-08-2010, 03:20 PM

Run - you know it, man! Never while wrenching, though. Don't want to accidentally forget a step while replacing a head gasket!

quickshifting - I would love to, but I work til 6pm every weekday, and I usually do not get home (would like to change/eat first) until around 7ish. I would not be able to make it to queens til probably close to 8:30 (figure an hour commute to queens, as just about every line goes through manhattan). Then it would really only give me a very short time to stay (need sleep, as next day starts at 6am) before I would have to commute back.

My general rule so far is if I am going to spend more time commuting than actually doing what I want to do, it's not worth it...

Not having a car sucks!

Also looking to make friends with a garage up here... I talked my wife into letting me get an old ass miata in the spring, and to drop an LS1 into it. . I already am funded for it , but need the weather to change first (don't want to deal with that much tq in the snow, in a miata).

later!

John
Old 01-08-2010, 03:23 PM

And I f'ing love this city!

Food = world class
Always something to do.
Plenty of work (now that I am working)

really makes me NOT miss Tallahassee!

John
Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 PM

You may not miss Tallahassee but you have to miss Coach Bowden
Old 01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

So what sort of pricing are you doing for sc installs?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:40 PM

Never done an SC install, but it's gotta be easier than a turbo (crank pulley is probably the toughest part). No hot side stuff to deal with (manifold, wastegate, etc.). Other than that, it's just mounting it, plumbing piping/coolant, EMS, injectors, possible MAP sensor... All the usual stuff.

To be honest, I am not looking for any money. Just a car to work on, and maybe a bit of garage space for a month or two after the spring for my project... If you don't want me taking up any space later on, just make me an offer.

Cheers!

John
Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Oh very nice!
Unfortunately when I move back to NY it is my families house so I wouldn't be able to loan out the garage for a while I don't think otherwise would be down 100%
Old 01-09-2010, 04:11 AM

Well, I am still offering to help for dirt cheap.

Mainly looking to get back into a garage, working on something (it's a hobby for me).

John

Quick Reply: Anyone need any help with their s2k?