New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

ATTN:who wants to gather funds for a drag car??

Old 03-13-2002, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN:who wants to gather funds for a drag car??

The shop thats in queens will most definetly help with project..RPMnyc is the shop and is top of my list for major race work.get a chassis built,,build the s2000 motor ,,lower comp,t88 turbo ,race manifold ,custom fuel ,stand alone computer,,150 shot of juice,,they could do it all and if i asked they would ..PRO2000,IN THE PRO CLASS AT ALL RACES IN THE COUNTRY,,even fax companys for a sponsor after we run more than 10 8 second passes ,maybe even 7 sec...U NEVER KNOW,ITS A LONG SHOT BUT MY WALLET IS WAITING ,BUT CANT DO IT ALONE???
Old 03-13-2002, 02:12 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh....No Thanks, Do you have any idea how expensive it will be to build an 8 sec S2000? Hell it's about $10k just to get the damn car into the 12's. Besides RPM? How many 8 sec cars have they built already?
Old 03-13-2002, 03:19 PM

REMEMBER WHEN BERGENHOLZE BLEW HIS MOTOR AT ETOWN A FEW YEARS BACK,,I DO AND THEY BUILT AND INSTALLED A NEW MOTOR OVER NIGHT ,,he went back and ran his best time that summer from them..oh yea check out the type R they built
its on methanol and sports a tube framed chassis
ohhhh and to build the motor ,turbo it ,and get a chassis thats around 1800lbs ,,they could make 650hp plus noo problem
HEY ITS JUST AN IDEA..
ANYONE ELSE THINKS ITS NOT POSSIBLE???
Old 03-13-2002, 03:54 PM
bkw

jesus christ.. you have big dreams.. very BIG dreams! ive been in the import drag racing scene for the past 11 years and have seen and probably have done everything there is for this sport. the one thing that i see time and time again that you definately need to be a superstar (thats what you wanna be right?) is cash.. lots and lots of cash. in order to make the f20c spin a T88, youre going to need some serious work to the motor.. full tube chasis? remember it has to be built by a nhra certified welder.. who are never ever cheap. 1800lbs? thats too light for a dual power adder rwd for what will be classified as a PRO vehicle in IDRC, you need to be at least 2000lbs.

sponsors?? cmon now.. you have to prove yourself first. for the first few seasons, plan on paying for everything.. EVERYTHING. race costs, tires, fuel, airfare, hotel, etc.. sponsorship is very east to get.. shit, i have 3! but finding a sponsor to totally pay for everything is very very rare. my friend gary got very lucky with ecko.. bergenholtz? ed and ron pay for everything. ed makes pretty good money, and they put everything back into the car. you wanna be like adam saruwatari? hes a millionaire.. you'll need multiple motors, grunt motors, spare backup motors, motors built for high altitudes, etc.. who's going to tune your car? do you know anything about tuning? motec? electronics and monitoring equipment alone could cost you upwards of $20k. chassis? good grief! theres more greenbacks you'll need.. just making power isnt good enough for what you want to do.

rpmnyc? ive heard of them, but i definately know that theyre not the best in the area. they build cars for customers, not real full on race cars. i wouldnt trust my $200k+ with them.

hey, im not really trying to burst your bubble or anything, im just trying to help you realize what it is youre going to need to do this.. if people on this board do help you, what are they going to get out of it?

if you honestly do start this project and have the funds to back it up, email me at brian@importdrag.com and i'll help you along with the technicalities of building a race car. im a nhra certified tech and ive been involved in many projects. if you wish to research information on your own, please visit our rulebook section on www.importdrag.com.

good luck,
brian
Old 03-13-2002, 04:48 PM

Thanks for the info but,,i just inherited a 850000 thousand dollar home in englewood cliffs .It was my fathers house and is up for sale. Half goes to my brother the other goes to me..
RACECAR WILL HAPPEN ,,and a 10 SECOND STREET SUPRA ALSO..I already have a place to build the frame for nhra specs.Its a mustang pro shop ,a mile from etown called LAROCCA ,,my cousin owns 2 7flat mustangs ,and the builder would help with a discount..The motor i will still have it built at RPM cause of the connections they have from cali..
ill keep you updated..THIS IS SERIOUS TO ME AND I HOPE IF IT HAPPENS YOU COULD BE APART OF IT
PEACE
Old 03-13-2002, 04:55 PM

With kind of cash you should get the Spoon Motor... I just want to see one in person.. It revs to 12.5 K
Old 03-13-2002, 05:06 PM
bkw

englewood cliffs??? hello neighbor! i live on the englewood cliffs/fort lee border. what color is your s2000? theres a yellow one near sage that i see often..
Old 03-14-2002, 02:57 PM

Im in teaneck but my pops house was in englewood cliffs..
its being sold as we speak and its a shame but it was in his will
He knows i love racing so he wont be in heaven shocked,,i think he would want me to try and accomplish something..
anyway i have a 2002 blackonblack
1200 miles and already top ending on route 80 west from fort lee to teaneck exit nice down hill slope ,,i really get up to speed
peace dude
Old 03-14-2002, 07:15 PM

So if you have all this money why are you asking money from others sounds shady to me you either got it or you dont Bling bling
Old 03-15-2002, 03:11 AM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by geminiS2
So if you have all this money why are you asking money from others sounds shady to me you either got it or you dont Bling bling
His last line in his first post is "can't do it alone" but it seems that he just wants to share in the experience hence "you can be apart of it". Frankly I don't think it's going to happen you can't build 8 second cars overnight. Maybe with a proven platform like a civic, integra, supra. But we are talking about an S2000 how many heavily modified S2000s do we see? Not many. It's not as easy as these guys at RPM are making it seem to you. Just the R&D alone is going to cost a fortune. How many S2000 engines you plan on buying? Not like you can get them for a couple of grand like a B16 or B18.

So when Bergenholtz blew his engine (btw I do remember that) you really expect me to believe that he said "Guys I am going to bed just build an engine for me so that I can run tomorrow, anything will do" Or do you suppose Ed said "Listen this is what I need, here is the specifications and helped them build it in their garage since his is 3500 miles away." Come on get real. Their are only a few true 8 sec cars in the east coast and unless RPM builds one on their own they haven't proven squat.

Every shop thinks they can, doing it is another matter. Of course they will tell you they can they want your money and they know how much a cash cow money pit it will take. Keep them in business for a long time.

Quick Reply: ATTN:who wants to gather funds for a drag car??