New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

BIG MEET: On Superbowl Sunday (February 1st) Details inside

Old 01-28-2004, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BIG MEET: On Superbowl Sunday (February 1st) Details inside

Hey guys, I took bits and pieces from other threads on different forums to get this to make sense,

This meet is being organized as a fundraiser for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). This will be there 7th year straight, but first at Jillian's. Previous years were held at either Jones Beach parking field 5 or Wantagh Park. Last year at Wantagh Park they had 180 cars (mostly VW's, Audi's, and Subarus), and raised over $3000. They were forced to move from our last location because they wouldn't grant them a permit, so the new site is Jillians.

Basiclly, There is going to be a big secured meet at Jilians in Farmingdale NY (Near rt 110)on Superbowl Sunday (February 1st, around noon time). We will have use of the lot (side lot next to the front entrance) and of a "conference room" and all other facilities within Jillians. The event will start at 10am and will finish whenever everyone wants to go home. Jillians will be opening at 11am on Superbowl Sunday, so we will be able to hang out in the lot until they open. Everyone will be able to eat together at any of their bar/restaurants, and all bathrooms will be available. The arcade, billiards and bowling will all be there to use also. I think it will be pretty empty in the morning, Until the game starts up later in the day.

We will also have exclusive use of a meeting room from 11am - 12 noon in case we want to be warm when making any donations for the JDRF. This leads me to the next point....this year we will not be having the donation/raffle format that we've had in prior years. This year we will be accepting donations that you may be willing to give out of respect for the JDRF. Mike Otten will be on site to accept all donations directly.
Some changes for this year:
-No troopers.
-No raffle.
-No club affiliation with the promotion of this event. (This event from this point forward will be an independent event. Anyone willing to assist with it is more than welcome....think of it as a total VW community effort.) Basically that means it is now the Superbowl Fundraiser , NOT the ClubH2O Superbowl Fundraiser. Everyone is welcome to this event.

Owners of all makes and models can attend.....VW, Lexus, Honda, Nissan, etc...

--------------
btw, I am not a leader in this event, Just a person who wants to spread the word and see some s2k's out there. If you need more info the orignal thread started by the VW guys, http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1192476
Old 01-29-2004, 04:40 PM

Received 1,253 Likes on 763 Posts

Sounds cool....
Old 01-29-2004, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

celi's???
Old 01-29-2004, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good but I already have plans. Take some pics and show us
how it turns out .