New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut
View Poll Results: What should i get? Honda Cbr 600, SOS kit with 1200 blower, or M3?
Honda Cbr600
29.63%
SOS Kit
25.93%
M3 or C63 or maybe an E550
44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Bike, Boost, Or Bmw?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sean, you forgot a few key points:
OP is a college student......who by the way is paying rent for his apartment

o wait, and then this
Originally Posted by s.hasan546,Aug 30 2010, 10:38 AM
i have an H3...
cant forget the H3 also.

[QUOTE=s.hasan546,Aug 28 2010, 08:26 AM]

I think im just gonna put off buying a new car until the new M3 comes out. But im still picking up my mom an E350 or E550 for mothers day. I just dont know if she really needs the e550 lol
Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanSerino,Aug 30 2010, 02:38 PM
Hi, I'm Sean, nice to meet you.

I am very confused, based on the information I have gathered thus far from this thread.

20 years old, working at a Verizon store? Considering buying 3 completely different things, which range in price from $6k to $50k+?

I don't know you, or your personal/financial situation, but it sounds like you are being incredibly irresponsible with your money, no matter which route you go. Working at a Verizon store, even if you're management level, I would guess you are living beyond your means if you're shopping for an M3. Sure, you can "afford" to make the payments, most people can, but can you really afford the payments.

Again, I don't know you, and don't know your situation. However, from what I've gathered (20 year old/Verizon store/pretty poor grammar/uses "than" instead of "then"), it sounds like you are going to make a very poor decision.

Again, I don't know you, so I could be completely wrong about you, but I have never met a 20 year old who can actually afford to buy and own a $50k car.

And I am also confused because a SOS kit is $6k, and an M3 is $50k. Completely different things to be shopping for.
HI nice to meet you.

20 year old, i work at a verizon store and also run one of my fathers businesses. I am opening my own Verizon store with my partner next month. I make more than your average management because A. I work a shit ton. B. I run a business on the side where i make a decent income.

Again this thread was never for people to review my portfolio, a few of my close friends on this forum know approx. how much i make and what my expenses are. Don't take me to be some child that get everything given to him. I work damn hard for everything i have and a few close friends can attest to that.

Now im not comparing the price of each. I was comparing what people would do if $$$ wasn't a huge factor. I'm considering more important things like A. My life (aka getting a bike and potentially dying). B. Having a boosted S is just sick. Drive one trust me. C. Like people said going to a different class of car

Also i would not buy the M3 b.c new models coming in 2013. I would pick up a lease. Now You might not know many 20 year olds (turning 21 next month) that could afford to do something like i am saying but like i said i work almost 50+ hrs a week and i don't work at just Verizon. I work at Verizon just for the experience b.c im opening my own Verizon store. But like you said you don't know me so hey i would probably think the same way you are if i was i you reading this. But like i said only my closer friends really know my financial situation.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM

I think James mentioned the key factor previously. He's brown. Lmfao
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by quickshifting,Aug 30 2010, 02:49 PM
sean, you forgot a few key points:
OP is a college student......who by the way is paying rent for his apartment
im not a fulltime college student anymore forgot to mention im part time. and also i pay dirt for my apartment
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by quickshifting,Aug 30 2010, 02:49 PM
o wait, and then this
cant forget the H3 also.
bought that years ago. James knows how lol
Old 08-30-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by orangebarius,Aug 30 2010, 02:47 PM
lol @ this thread. sayed, buy a ferrari and mansion and call it a day. then invite me and some strippers over for a pool party.

no one knows the real answer to this question besides you. youre making the decision and no one else. you have to pay for and drive the vehicle. get what you want to get and dont let anyone change your mind.
Thx barry and barry ud b the first id call
Old 08-30-2010, 11:01 AM

you are 20, and you bought the h3 years ago? the same time you were boosting your s2000? that is really "financially responsible"

i think i remember you saying that that was your fathers car?

either way, im done with this thread.
let me know when you open up your verizon store. i need to get a new phone.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by quickshifting,Aug 30 2010, 03:01 PM
you are 20, and you bought the h3 years ago? the same time you were boosting your s2000? that is really "financially responsible"

i think i remember you saying that that was your fathers car?

either way, im done with this thread.
let me know when you open up your verizon store. i need to get a new phone.
nah never said it was my dads car he has a navigator.

If you really wanna know i use to be a mortgage broker my senior year of hs and first year of college in the good old days with James. We made a lottttt of money back then. Now theres no money in it . Like i said u might not think its financially responsible but i felt it was so we'll agree to disagree.

And ill hit u up in a month.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jacko,Aug 30 2010, 02:44 PM
To be honest I kinda agree with Val and IMO its hard to make any sense of the poll because IMO the choices given are completely different. In a perfect world I'm sure we could all agree we would want all three of these things. But to choose one of the three is personal preference not so much as a comparison choice.
How ya been jacko? hvnt seen/talked to you in awhile. Still hv the S? hows it doin?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly I don't know what to vote for I don't like the M3 although I'll probably get shit for saying it. The CBR is nice and there is nothing like riding a bike I mean my S2000 is well over 500hp and it doesn't compare to riding a bike. IMO there isn't anything better then cruising on a bike you have to do it to know what I'm saying its a hole different feeling. With that said a mid 400hp S2000 is also pretty sweet and you'll most likely get more use out of that. Take for instance picking up a girl for a date, now there are a lot of girls that would ride on the back but.... some wont and not to mention you need to wear gear and dress for riding now think about the average girl you like and there hair.
Its easier to get a hot POA wearing less clothing in your drop top cause when you reach your destination she can most likely quickly fix her hair and such and then go out on the town, the bike ehhhhh not so much.

So I really just don't know what to tell you

Quick Reply: Bike, Boost, Or Bmw?