New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Calling FI s2ks...emission time once again

Old 12-21-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Calling FI s2ks...emission time once again

Yes, it's that time again - my emissions sticker is up this month and I'd like to bring the s2k to shop and get it inspected. Down side is my AEM EMS obviously will not pass. I'm pretty sure I still have all the emissions related parts. Would I be able to esentially swap my stock injectors + stock ECU into the car and still have her work with the turbo and what not installed (obviously I would be driving like a grandma)? My main concern would be misfire codes / CAT ready code / and maybe my EGR valve since I removed that - all codes that would fail the car....

Any suggestions?
Old 12-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the Izzy Engineering air pump delete kit, once you wire it into the ECU harness you will never have to worry about that crap again. I think its $100.
O2 de-fouler for the test pipe. Take out the wastegate spring to be safe. Swap stock injectors & ECU, should be good to go.
Just need to drive 50 miles or so to set the ECU readiness.

Its basically the same as what I do, only Im S/C'd now so instead of pulling the wastegate spring I remove the SC belt.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 PM

I actually just purchased it reading one of your older threads, thanks

Is there anyway to false the secondary O2 sensor? My EGT sensor is directly behind the turbo and I'm not sure if I want to put the primary O2 sensor in this location. My AEM A/F gauge sensor is located where the secondary O2 sensor would approximatly be located if I had the stock exhaust and that's where I planned on putting my primary O2 sensor. There are no more bungs for the secondary sensor...any way to fake it?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to pepboys boys or any parts store buy a spark plug non fouler 42009 i believe the part number is...its 2 in a pack ur gonna drill 1 of them with a 1/2 drill bit the other stays the same...screw ur o2 sensor in the 1 u drilled out then screw them both together and install in o2 sensor location u should be good to go after that
Old 12-22-2011, 05:06 AM

So I wrote up a list on things I have to switch back to drive on the stock ECU without a CEL:

1. Wire in the airpump delete kit
2. Reinstall stock MAP sensor
3. Reinstall the stock injectors and remove resistor box
4. Reinstall the stock ECU
5. Reinstall the O2 sensors
6. Remove the intercooler piping so no boost gets to the motor

I think that covers it, correct me if I'm wrong...

BTW, stock ECU can run with a 3mmHG without a CEL correct?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 PM

That's crazy. I think if you go to shea stadium junk yard you can pay them around 250 to pass you. I did it when i was turbo charged. had CEL and everything. I don't know how they did it, but it worked.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:53 AM

Assuming I have all of the parts, I can install everything in a few hours so it's not that big of a deal as long as the car can run with a 3mm HG with the stock ECU. I think I might just be missing a few parts...
Old 12-26-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087
Assuming I have all of the parts, I can install everything in a few hours so it's not that big of a deal as long as the car can run with a 3mm HG with the stock ECU. I think I might just be missing a few parts...
AFAIK the car will run OK (no cel) with 3mm HG & stock ECU. Your list looks complete, I forgot about the MAP sensor.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by nyczs2k
That's crazy. I think if you go to shea stadium junk yard you can pay them around 250 to pass you. I did it when i was turbo charged. had CEL and everything. I don't know how they did it, but it worked.
damn 250, I went to a place that was $100. But you can only do that every other year. When you renew registration every 2 years you need to get a "real" inspection
Old 12-26-2011, 09:42 AM

Ohh really nice. I never knew that lol

Quick Reply: Calling FI s2ks...emission time once again