New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

CELEBRATION OF SPRING TECH EVENT

Old 03-12-2006, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face CELEBRATION OF SPRING TECH EVENT

Hey, we are having a tech day, open to all (members and non-members) and I am buying lunch for S2KI members at my place, BUT if you want to come you have to: 1) tell me that you are coming so I know how much food to buy and 2) you have to promise to eat ice cream for dessert. If you are going to come and not eat ice cream, forget it.

Say what ?

OK - here is what happened. We got a small free standing freezer and I wanted to impress Jackie by showing her how much it could hold. King Kullen had a sale on ice cream, so I went out and bought about 15 half gallons of ice cream. the freezer works well and holds the ice cream with plenty of room to spare. BUT we have too much freaking ice cream now !!

So we need some help in eating it. So we have to have a tech day at my place . I will pick up some burgers and franks and rolls and soda . If you want beer, bring your own. Food will be free for members, there will be a $6.00 charge for non-members.

The tentative date will be April 9th, 2006, subject to Bill's availability . Rain date will be April 16th, 2006.

Things that can be done during tech day will be:

1) Fluid changes BUT YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR OLD FLUIDS !!

2) Brake pads.

3) Rotor installs

4) Brake Caliper painting

5) Almost any other job that can be done inside of 2 or 3 hours

6) Except NO headlight clearing

The date could change if Billman has a date conflict.

If you have your own jacks and stands, that is fine, but if you don't have your own you can use mine.

As for tools ... better to bring you own, though some are usually available.

For those of you who have not attended at tech day before, we start early, work till about noon, eat, continue on with remaining projects, then usually go for a short drive somewhere.

Who Is Up ??

I am trying something new for Sunday . In the past we have had a limited amount of space to work on cars ... and cars have always gotten locked in due to the fact that my south driveway is long and narrow. Cars that went into the driveway first were blocked in by other cars.

For this event I plan on doing the following :

1) the south driveway will remain open from the street all the way to the back, no cars will park in the south driveway.

2) upon arrival, drive into the south driveway and proceed all the way to the rear of the driveway. The gate to the rear yard will be open. Drive into the rear yard.

3) Will will try to have everyone park in the rear yard so that no one is blocked in.

4) I will cut up squares of plywood for jackstands to sit on in the backyard . If you plan on having your car on stands and have some plywood to put your stands on , it would be great if you could bring it with you (I may not have enough for everyone ).

5) If you expect to be lying on the ground, please bring an old blanket to lay on so you don't have to lay on the grass (unless you want to).

6) finally ... please be sure not to spill oils and other fluids in either the driveway or the rear yard.

7) I will pick up some burgers and franks and rolls and soda . If you want beer, bring your own. Food will be free for members, there will be a $6.00 charge for non-members . If you are coming to this event, NOW would be a good time to join S2KI ... it is like getting a $6.00 discount !!

See you all Sunday. ... if anyone needs the address please send me a PM.

Eliot
Old 03-12-2006, 07:19 PM

Sounds good to me, I will be there. Not sure what projects I have to do, but I can always lend a hand if others need help with something. Eliot, let me know if you need me to bring anything, aside from beer.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:34 AM

Put me down I love Ice cream
Old 03-13-2006, 03:39 AM

I'll be there as well.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:45 AM

you are a bit far from me but I'll be there.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id like to possibly attend. i just painted my calipers this weekend.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:09 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

say in homer voice....

Mmmm... ice cream and beer...

i may be up for this, i never have much time to wax my car, this may be a cool place to do it, what kinda ice cream?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:12 AM

Count me in!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:33 AM

It was pointed out to me that the selected date is palm Sunday ... is this a problem for anyone ? If it is we can change the date.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:14 AM

Count me in! Yeah for spring!

Quick Reply: CELEBRATION OF SPRING TECH EVENT