New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Fall Bear mtn???

Old 10-24-2019, 03:42 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by -Tim-
Have you guys ever considered a different route? One that doesn't have traffic lights and intersections, where people can get lost or left behind?

I know of a good spot- It has a parking lot at the beginning, 3 or 4 really nice roads branching off of it, absolutely ZERO traffic lights or intersections, and I believe one or 2 of the roads have parking lots at the ends of them as well.
Some of you have probably even driven these roads before (Arden Valley Rd, Seven Lakes Dr, etc...all located in Harrmian State Park). Perfect roads for taking a nice scenic drive on. Full of twists & turns. Not the type of roads you want to get crazy on. If you do- that's on you.

We have been doing the same route for a couple years so if Jose is OK on a change that is fine. The only problem is exactly what you said that those roads are full of twists &turns and the inexperienced people will get into issues causing more harm than good for the overall drive. I think it needs to be balanced in a way to accommodate both the cruisers & spirited drivers.

I will bring it up to jose again and see what he says.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:44 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
I was informed at tonight's chicken wing meet that 10 people need to sign up to make this happen. We're halfway there. Let's go guys

1. Jlozano180
2. Langelo DeMysterioso
3. Sick AP1
4 Mndthegap
5 The NSX Kid
6. BOAS2K
7. ColdFyre

My team always down.

RBR
Old 10-24-2019, 05:11 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sick_AP1
I think it needs to be balanced in a way to accommodate both the cruisers & spirited drivers.
Thats a good point. I didnt think of that.

I guess instead of changing the route you guys have already had for years, maybe one day we can plan another cruise on this route. Would be nice to have a gtg/bbq at the spot I'm talking about. The parking lot has plenty of picnic tables, grilles, etc. I believe it's called Tiorati Circle.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sick_AP1
6. BOAS2K
7. ColdFyre

My team always down.

RBR
8. Vrxs2k
9.s2k owner thats not on the forum

(dont know the route but if u tell us what turn to stop should be easy)
Old 10-24-2019, 08:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Count me in to help!

- Chase
Old 10-24-2019, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when is this happening?
I migth be available to join, depending on time.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:43 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

1. Jlozano180
2. Langelo DeMysterioso
3. Sick AP1
4. Mndthegap
5. The NSX Kid
6. BOAS2K
7. ColdFyre
8. Vrxs2k
9. Vrxs2k's friend (s2k owner thats not on the forum)
10. Chongoh
The following users liked this post:
Henry Abreu (10-24-2019)
Old 10-24-2019, 10:46 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

11.dis dis
Old 10-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Let me clear somethings up:

First, I'm glad to see the interest on the drive, I enjoy putting it together for everyone. And i'm so grateful of the individuals who have help me all these years.

Yo Langelo DeMysterioso,

Sick AP1. BOA, and myself don't count as the 10 people because Otto and Jay lead and tailgun. I take people to the corners, but I need people who know the route ice cold like Otto and Jay. I have Christian and Brad that have been there since day 1 and have made the trip all the way down to go all the way back, but it's not as easy for them. I need a few people that I can send out to the locations. So are those individuals down for that?

- Tim_ ,
I wanted to change the route, I have another route already map out. I been had it, but it skips the waterfall and everyone likes the waterfall, so we never did it.

Also westchester is not an area where I can avoid lefts and right turns, I try to limit the traffic lights as best that I can. One of the roads we are on, it's 20 miles with no traffic lights
Old 10-25-2019, 02:15 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by jlozano180
Let me clear somethings up:

First, I'm glad to see the interest on the drive, I enjoy putting it together for everyone. And i'm so grateful of the individuals who have help me all these years.

Yo Langelo DeMysterioso,

Sick AP1. BOA, and myself don't count as the 10 people because Otto and Jay lead and tailgun. I take people to the corners, but I need people who know the route ice cold like Otto and Jay. I have Christian and Brad that have been there since day 1 and have made the trip all the way down to go all the way back, but it's not as easy for them. I need a few people that I can send out to the locations. So are those individuals down for that?

- Tim_ ,
I wanted to change the route, I have another route already map out. I been had it, but it skips the waterfall and everyone likes the waterfall, so we never did it.

Also westchester is not an area where I can avoid lefts and right turns, I try to limit the traffic lights as best that I can. One of the roads we are on, it's 20 miles with no traffic lights

What the fuk am I? chop liver?

Quick Reply: Fall Bear mtn???