New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Finally got a daily driver

Old 11-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finally got a daily driver

After months & months of searching I finally found what I was looking for. Picked up a '92 Sentra SE-R this weekend. Car has 76k original miles, completely stock except for the stereo & ACT clutch.
I bought it from a local enthusiast who had bought it from the original owner (old lady haha) a few months ago.
The right fender & hood needs a better coat of clear, will be spraying it as soon as spring comes. Other than that its in great shape for a 20 year old car.
I was going to keep it stock, but after seeing how cheap stuff is for SR motors I will probably be boosting it by summer lol
nothing too crazy, 250-300whp range

Old 11-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I used to have one just like it in burgundy. They're very solid cars, but I hated my transmission problems. The b13 trans cannot handle much power, so squeezing 550whp from mine cost me 3 trannies in a matter of a year.

Good luck with yours! It's in very good condition from what I see.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by volkdc2
Nice! I used to have one just like it in burgundy. They're very solid cars, but I hated my transmission problems. The b13 trans cannot handle much power, so squeezing 550whp from mine cost me 3 trannies in a matter of a year.

thanks man, yeah forgot to mention no 5th gear pop out with this one, bonus! Damn 550, that must have been a rocket.
Since I already have a fairly fast s2k I'm hoping I wont go that crazy with the Sentra, but you never know.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

oh f@#k that, that thing isn't gonna be stock long. holla !

Congrats Kev finally finding one.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by volkdc2

You can get a B15 LSD tranny and convert it to cable. No worries about 5th gear pop out and longer gearing is perfect for boost. Just that the B15 tranny is costly when you do find one.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old lady car FTW!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:52 PM

[/quote]

thanks man, yeah forgot to mention no 5th gear pop out with this one, bonus! Damn 550, that must have been a rocket.
Since I already have a fairly fast s2k I'm hoping I wont go that crazy with the Sentra, but you never know.
[/quote]

Yea, luckily 5th gear pop out problem was fixed before I bought the car as well. The car was extremely unstable at high speed but managed to squeeze a 10.8 at the track using slicks. They are incredible little cars for sure!

If you really decide to go for more power in the long run, I know for a fact that a p11 transmission from an Infiniti g20t will support about 550whp. It was going to be my next upgrade but decided to sell the car for something stock.

I actually had a full manifold setup including the t28 ball bearing turbo from my spare Avenir sr20det that I sold for dirt cheap, I believe $200 for everything. It would have been a great start for your build
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM

^^^
let me get back to you on that, i have a lot of reading to do

edit: misread your post, thought you still had the turbo for sale
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 PM

Congrats on the car
Old 11-09-2011, 02:35 AM

Kev if you want to run a basic T28 setup its easy to find cheap. The only thing labor intensive is tapping your block for the oil return if you choose to DE-T your current stock motor. As far as tuning options go look into a NEMU ECU. R/T logging data and tuning options are great. Support is also local as they are based out of PA and aren't on the other side of the world like NISTUNE.

Also not all P11 Transmissions are built the same. The P11 LSD found in 99's are still based off the older B14's which aren't as rigid and strong as the 00+/B15 Trannys and are still prone to fifth gear pop.

Quick Reply: Finally got a daily driver