New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

HELP!! Old Lady Backed into ME!!

Old 07-28-2003, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELP EVERYONE!!!

Can anyone recommend a body shop in the NYC area or Long island that does really good work and that wont lead me to having to sell the car to pay the bill.
I work in a building that is known for "elders" being careless when opening doors and backing up. I was victim to someone backing up and denting my passenger door really bad. Worst part is I dont even know who did it. They must have just driven away and they didnt even leave their information. So here I am stuck with a bill that I can't even say was my own fault. My deductible is 1000 usd...so basically I will have to dish out the whole amount. Does anyone have advice or know of a body shop that can help me out. Even estimates or work fixing a door so I will have an idea. I am not sure if the door has to be replaced. It is dented where metal bends. I am so frustrated! I love my S and am reluctant to let just any shop fix it.

Frank

Old 07-28-2003, 02:18 PM

sorry to hear that.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your car is silverstone? cheap might not be the way to go since it is not the easiest to match. I would recommend http://www.federalauto.com They are on Northern Blvd. and do excellent work.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:21 PM

Give Charlie a call at Advanced Collision on Jericho Tpk. in Floral Park (516 488-5222) .. they do excellent work and stand behind the results... the place does not look like much, but many many people can vouch for their work. You might even be able to e-mail the photos to him. BTW - as long as your window and lock are still operational the damage does not look too bad ... is the paint broken or is it just a dent ?? If the paint is not broken, and the window and lock still work, I would look into the paintless dent repair places first (though upon closer inspection I see that the crease at the lower portion of the door seems messed up -- not sure if this can be fixed by paintless dent repair -- but still worth asking)...

Eliot
Old 07-29-2003, 05:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out Diamond Auto Collision in Huntington Station, LI. Their contact info is -

Diamond Auto Collision, Inc.
200 McKay Road
Huntington Station, NY 11746
(631) 351-4856
www.diamondautocollision.com

If you call them up, ask for Dave. They repaired my Civic Si (over $8k in damages only because this shop was thorough - other shops quoted the estimate as low as $3k) from a rear end collision and the car came out nice - they matched and blended the Electron Blue Pearl color very nicely (they use the downdraft closed booth method). When I was shopping around for a body shop after the accident, I was going on first impressions and this shop was the clincher for me - Dave gave me a tour of the facility and explained how the repair process happens. My fears were allayed when I went to pick up my car, paint color variance wasn't noticeable, orange peel was matched, and no ripples in the sheetmetal - they even lined up the trunk better than factory and removed a nasty ding on the hood unrelated to the accident. Talk to Dave and tell him Mr. Kim with the rear-ended blue Civic referred you. Good luck dude.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbo_pwr
[B]your car is silverstone? cheap might not be the way to go since it is not the easiest to match.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:39 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but they are a body shop, I don't know if I'd even want them to fix my alignment.