New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

LOOKING TO GET GROUP TOGETHER FOR SOFTOP INSTALL!

Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING TO GET GROUP TOGETHER FOR SOFTOP INSTALL!

Hey Metro Area,

A couple members and myself from Upstate are looking to replace our softtops in the near future so Im looking to get a count on who else/how many others would be interested.

@Lazy_s2k a.k.a. SOFTTOPGUY has given us the great opportunity and easy solution to this..

He is willing to fly up from N.C. for a weekend (Hopefully March 31st/April 1st) and knock a few tops out, If we can get a few others to join in on this. Going to keep this simple until we start getting a count and some other info.

If any/all questions regarding pricing/material send a PM to @lazy_s2k

Will Update this thread with more info as we hash things out

Lets make this happen!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:18 AM

Here is a photo of the top I will order:

Robbins Stayfast with heated glass.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting. How much do those tops cost? also what the benefit of those compared to an OEM soft top?
Old 02-09-2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by burglrdrift
interesting. How much do those tops cost? also what the benefit of those compared to an OEM soft top?
I have ap2v2 s2k. I just replaced my soft top a few weeks ago. I had a friend install it and he said it was annoying. It looks better than stock, but that could just be the fact that mine was getting old (cant believes its 5 years old!). The black has a richer look but again it could be due to age. the glass is slightly smaller from top to bottom but not from left to right and its heated. the only thing i dont like is that it you can see the frame on the outside corners. hard to explain ill post some pictures. mine top was about $450. but i didnt pay for installation. i heard installation ranges from $500-$2000.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by burglrdrift
If you PM Lazy_s2k with your vehicle info he can give you the prices and explain things to you.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:55 AM

Just so people have an idea... (See pic above^^^) Robbins Stayfast AP1 Glass Back Conversion= $1080 MATERIAL & INSTALL + WARRANTY!!

That price cannot be beaten. Top of the Line material and experienced installer.

We would like to get 1 or 2 more people to make this happen!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

robbins makes one of the best replacement tops.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the input @orangebarius! if you know of anyone in need of a top in the next month send them this way!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I got an EZ on brand top. Seems pretty good to me. Got it for I think just under $400 shipped and installed it with one other person. Took about 8 hours. Not hard just takes some time to do.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
I got an EZ on brand top. Seems pretty good to me. Got it for I think just under $400 shipped and installed it with one other person. Took about 8 hours. Not hard just takes some time to do.

8Hours!? I remember the 1st 2 at work took me about 7-9hrs but, now 4hrs and under. If I'm in a pretty good mood 2hrs. EZ-ON is alright just takes a tad bit more time to install and adjust to be honest. The fitment is alright also, I'm just not a big fan of them but everyone has their likes and dislikes. Me being that I do tons of Soft Top installs I prefer the Robbins over all at this point.

-B

Quick Reply: LOOKING TO GET GROUP TOGETHER FOR SOFTOP INSTALL!