New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Markus HELP!

Old 09-19-2007, 05:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Markus HELP!

I was riding with my 19 year old son, coming off Wantagh Pkwy south and merging onto Southern State East, when we see something in the road with reflective eyes. Actually two sets of reflective eyes.

They happened to be right in the middle of the road/car, so the front of the car rode right over them (I'm not dropped). Whew, I thought we made it home free...no tires came in contact with either critter.

But once the car made it over them most of the way...we heard a distinct 'thud'.

Looking back there was one raccoon continuing it's way across the road, but the other one was road pizza.
Apparently something in the back of the car is lower than the front of the car and it took one out.

Markus, what can I use to get blood off my undercarriage???
Old 09-19-2007, 05:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whatever you do use a hazmat suit....racoon blood...puke

Old 09-19-2007, 05:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Poor racoons.

One time, I had to slow down to let a family of racoons cross the street near my place.

One of those hand car wash places that has undercarriage service should be fine. They'll just hose it down.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well.... the Expressway Enchilada, (cough)... I mean Road Waffle... (cough)... (cough)... Crossway Critter probably didn't bleed much. The "thud" most likely was the pumpkin (differential) that is, if the thud was a solid one.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by quickshifting,Sep 19 2007, 05:34 AM
whatever you do use a hazmat suit....racoon blood...puke

LOL for some reason i was lauging so hard at this pic....the suits reminded me of some of the VOLK colors out there.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:23 AM

idk maybe u might not like this idea..but there are some drive threw car washes that have a undercarrage wash..thats an option
Old 09-19-2007, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by HowS2kru,Sep 19 2007, 10:23 AM
idk maybe u might not like this idea..but there are some drive threw car washes that have a undercarrage wash..thats an option
Im not too sure of any of them on long island. If i were you get underneath with a hose and a shitload of simple green heavy duty, or alkaline cleaner. i wouldnt wipe, just go to town with a high pressure hose. Over time the rest will come off in the rain, just make sure you get the chunks (if any) out from under the car.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by S2kMarkus,Sep 19 2007, 09:28 AM
Im not too sure of any of them on long island. If i were you get underneath with a hose and a shitload of simple green heavy duty, or alkaline cleaner. i wouldnt wipe, just go to town with a high pressure hose. Over time the rest will come off in the rain, just make sure you get the chunks (if any) out from under the car.
or you can jack up the front or rear and hose it down yourself mary
Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by plankfarm,Sep 19 2007, 08:25 AM
I was riding with my 19 year old son, coming off Wantagh Pkwy south and merging onto Southern State East, when we see something in the road with reflective eyes. Actually two sets of reflective eyes.

They happened to be right in the middle of the road/car, so the front of the car rode right over them (I'm not dropped). Whew, I thought we made it home free...no tires came in contact with either critter.

But once the car made it over them most of the way...we heard a distinct 'thud'.

Looking back there was one raccoon continuing it's way across the road, but the other one was road pizza.
Apparently something in the back of the car is lower than the front of the car and it took one out.

Markus, what can I use to get blood off my undercarriage???
Mary, am I reading this right? You hit a 4-eyed Raccoon?

Or did he have two eyes, but was wearing glasses?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 05YellowEVO8,Sep 19 2007, 11:49 AM
Or did he have two eyes, but was wearing glasses?
lol

Quick Reply: Markus HELP!