New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Mumbai rocked by Deadly Attacks

Old 11-28-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deutsche Welle mentioned that Sayeret Matkal were going to do the job because the building was full of the Israeli nationals, tho looking at the pix of the operation it def. looks like an Indian Commando unit did it.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Banned

If this is what I think it is....meaning....ISI supported terrorists....then I think we are very, very close to seeing an India v. Pakistan full out war with nukes involved. Then we will see this underlying rage within Muslim enclaves flare up around the world and morph into WWIII with full nuclear exchanges with Western vs Axis powers. Remember, and this is fact, the jihadist movement has roots to KGB training and communist idealogies.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:26 AM

One of the scumbags they took alive at the Taj, hopefully he's getting "interrogated" right now.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

They captured that guy alive? . In India, you do not want to go to jail. You get beat aimlessly but this is too high profile and will be taken into federal custody. I hope they "interrogate" him too. He is the one who had that grin. After extracting info from him, I hope the execution is on live tv.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:48 AM

Mike, I agree. There will be another war between India and Pakistan. If not now, later.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:13 PM

two terrorists may have been British ... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/2...rrorists-mumbai
Old 11-28-2008, 12:54 PM

such terrible news to come during the holiday season. so sad. so messed up. wtf.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:10 PM

From the articles I've been reading, I'm appalled at the terrible response of the Indian military, the time it took them to quell this, and the impotence of many Indian security forces. This also makes me very aware of what a lack of gun ownership among citizens can mean.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by BD89,Nov 29 2008, 11:10 PM
From the articles I've been reading, I'm appalled at the terrible response of the Indian military, the time it took them to quell this, and the impotence of many Indian security forces. This also makes me very aware of what a lack of gun ownership among citizens can mean.
The local police were not trained to handle this and the attacks happened all at once in various parts of town. Local law enforcement does not have the manpower to be everywhere. I would assume budgets are being increased so the security presence is also greater here on out but this happening is sort of the equivalent of the terrorists shooting up Penn Station, the Waldorf Astoria, the Plaza Hotel, NYU Hospital, and other various places ... all at the same time. These people are a worldwide problem.

There were mistakes made because this attack is unprecedented and unfortunately 200 people had to lose their lives. The NSG Commandos were trying to flush out the terrorists in the Taj rooms but the hallways could have been booby-trapped along with the rooms themselves. Everytime the NSG got closer, the terrorists were throwing grenades at them.

Another problem was the lack of communication between the local law enforcement, the amry, and the NSG. They were all on separate radio channels. It was like that in New Orleans after Katrina too.

As investigations go further, we will learn of the mistakes made and what should be adjusted for next time. ( at next time)
Old 11-30-2008, 09:44 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/11/3...acks/index.html

... here we go again

The Indian government is considering suspending the five-year old cease-fire with Pakistan and perhaps even ending the dialogue process with the country, sources told CNN-IBN.

Quick Reply: Mumbai rocked by Deadly Attacks