New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

My Black Beauty Was Hit

Old 11-18-2013, 02:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
and dodged a 65 buck No Front Plate ticket
Old 11-18-2013, 04:02 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
Except for those 2 missing VIN stickers, she'll be good as new Justin.
bah.... Justin will be 80 when he sells it, the car will have like 30K on the clock, you think anyone will care???
Old 11-18-2013, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear what happen, it could be worse. This is actually one of my fears of driving the car on the roads. I've heard nothing but good things about elrich, so your car will be in good hands.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gofast182
Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso' timestamp='1384746300' post='22881699
Ohhh the Agony! I'm having flashbacks! Another jacked up berlina. Damn Justin you know if anyone knows how you feel it's me. To have your beautiful black baby crunched, pushed in, violated! I feel your pain brother but unless you were injured I don't think you will be able to collect anything other than to have your car repaired at the shop of your choice to your reasonable satisfaction. So the best thing that you can do is take it to someone you trust and tell him to do his best job, don't take any shortcuts and charge his highest price(since her insurance company will be paying for it anyway).
You might be able to sue her for additional damages (diminished value) but you will need to hire an attorney and you will need to prove that you have some special type of car, has it won any races or shows, special awards etc? And you need the appraisal price before you had the accident not now. There's guys in the classifieds in Hemmings or other collector or antique car mags that do this.
It looks bad but both of mine were waaay worst.Looks like those parts you said and maybe some suspension parts and you'll be back on your way.
Be glad and remember to thank God that YOU are OK.
and dodged a 65 buck No Front Plate ticket
Thanks, Al. Your accident was even harder to look at than this one so I know you know exactly how it feels considering Berlina is the best color and it's a labor of love to keep it looking nice. While I'm nervous about the work I think if anyone can give me a paint job like glass again, it's Bill's guy.
Actually, I did win an award at a car show with the car this summer and I have the trophy to prove it. I'm dreading this fight with her insurance company and it hasn't even started yet.
If she admitted fault and the police documented, it should not be any fight at all. If there is a fight start complaining about soreness & such, and watch them get busy.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:48 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Damn man I'm very sorry to hear that...doesn't look like the end of the world...new fender, new headlight and new bumper and you should be good to go. Good luck w/ the repairs !
Old 11-18-2013, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by chrisaltima
Damn man I'm very sorry to hear that...doesn't look like the end of the world...new fender, new headlight and new bumper and you should be good to go. Good luck w/ the repairs !
Yeah it should be OK. I felt much better after seeing Berlina that Elrich did, it looked absolutely beautiful. I just hope the suspension is OK. It wasn't a terribly hard hit but as you can see everything got pushed down onto my wheel.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 AM

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts

That's a very clean black car. But such a shame a careless driver ruined it. Good luck with the restoration.

Any chance you'll sell the damaged bumper/lip combo?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Orjinal
That's a very clean black car. But such a shame a careless driver ruined it. Good luck with the restoration.

Any chance you'll sell the damaged bumper/lip combo?
Thanks and that's not even as clean as it usually is.

The lip is cracked to hell and the bumper is going to a friend to use on his racecar. Sorry.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:42 AM

Received 793 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by jimi
If she admitted fault and the police documented, it should not be any fight at all. If there is a fight start complaining about soreness & such, and watch them get busy.
I got hit in my other car a few weeks ago. Documented, with police report, 100% fault from the other person. I had it in a shop of my choice the next day, via my insurance company. I don't think my deductible check had even cleared before I received the check back to cover it.

I chose my insurance company so I wouldn't have to wait for the report to be finalized or deal with his insurance company.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hope you get it fixed up and back on the road soon!!

Quick Reply: My Black Beauty Was Hit