New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

My new Level Sports mirrors

Old 02-24-2008, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Level Sports mirrors

I just picked up a set of Level Sports mirrors from ThePreludeGuy at our last meet. $65...not bad for a Spoon replica, and convex too for greater visibility. As far as I know, Level Sports is no longer in business.

The install was a bit of a pain in the butt. It was pretty scary removing the mirror bracket from the assembly, as I had to put a LOT of force on it. I was scared something would break before it gave way. Fortunately, it worked without any issues.

For those who want to do this mod with the Spoon mirrors, the install is the same. Many people claim you can simply 3M sticky the aftermarket mirrors on top of the OEM ones, but since the aftermarket ones are convex, there will be a bulge in the middle, and it'll look pretty bad.

First you set your mirrors facing as far up as you can. Wedge your fingers underneath and pull outward from the bottom. You have to give it some force. When the bottom pops out, pull down and the mirror bracket will come out. Same applies to the other side's mirror.

Here's what it looks from the box.

Many people have described the gooey glue type substance as "Satan's poo" and after today, I believe it. Try not to get it on anything, as I totally ruined one of my mom's knives. Put the entire thing in a pot and bring it to a boil. Doesn't that bread look tasty?

After you manage to slowly and gently pry off the OEM mirror glass, take a look at the inside of the mirror bracket.

You can reuse that glue type stuff and also put some of the 3M double sided sticky tape on the back of the Level mirror. Carefully and gently install it into the bracket. You will have to have patience as once the black bracket cools off, it becomes quite hard. Be careful when putting in the mirror, or you may break it. Remember, it's curved, so don't push too hard on the middle area.

Finally done! Install the mirror bracket onto the car the reverse method of taking it off. "Hook" it on the top and snap it back in on the bottom. Make sure it's on the snug, you don't want you new mirrors falling off when you walk away, or when you close the door.

Here's the view from inside the car looking out the driver's side. The mirror is currently set all the way outward and you will notice that you can still see the side of the car. Nice!

This is the view looking out of the passenger side. The passenger mirror has the "LEVEL" logo. If you want to remove it, you can do it with paint thinner. I kinda like it there. Note that the passenger mirror also is not curved as much as the driver's side.

And here's the view from behind the car. Cool blue tint. Ricer at heart baby!

As a bonus, I also have a picture of the Modifry 3" bracket for GPS systems. Fits my Garmin Nuvi 650 perfectly, looks almost OEM! I just have to find time to route the wire into the cluster area. And yes, that's Richard Marx playing on the radio.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:25 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

nice write up
Old 02-24-2008, 01:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good write up! Now that I have it, I wish the mirrors would adjust a lot more so I could see 2 lanes instead of 1 and a half lane.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice writeup!