New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Need a place to replace my AUX cable

Old 07-24-2015, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a place to replace my AUX cable

Hey everyone.
I purchased my car with the OEM Auxiliary added to it. Basically, there is an AUX cord that is built into my car and comes out of the glove box to plug into my iPhone to play music. The cord has taken a bit of abuse over the years from the previous owner and the volume isn't always stable which I would assume is a result of the cord being bent around a lot and losing its connection. So, I'm looking for a person or place to bring my car to that would be able to replace the AUX cable with a new one so I don't have this issue. If needed, I can take pictures and post them to show you guys what I am talking about.

I am located in Bergen County, NJ so would prefer a place not too far, but if there is someone in the Metro area who does really good work then I would be willing to take the trip to go there. I would be willing to bring it to a forum member (the Billman of sound and wiring ) or a shop, whichever is better.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDITED TO INCLUDE PICTURES

Headunit with its CD AUX button

Heres my little CD1 CD2 CD3 control. Not sure how it happened, but I had an air freshener being kept in the same little pocket as the remote. they were pressed up against each other and when I went to separate them, some of the air freshener peeled off, and now I have a little CD control box with some pink air freshener stuck to it

Here is where the CD control wire tucks into the car

Lastly, this is where the AUX wire comes out of the glovebox
Old 07-24-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 209 Likes on 171 Posts

pm NFRS2K83
Old 07-24-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

this is pretty easy to do. just pull out the radio door and there are 4 screws that hold in the radio. take them out and the headunit should pull right out. the wire is in the back of it. look for a DIY on here on how to replace a headunit. same instructions.

do you have the new wire?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:10 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

If it's for your phone just use Bluetooth?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by orangebarius
this is pretty easy to do. just pull out the radio door and there are 4 screws that hold in the radio. take them out and the headunit should pull right out. the wire is in the back of it. look for a DIY on here on how to replace a headunit. same instructions.

no I don't have it, but can obviously go out and purchase if need be. so you're saying the AUX is attached to the back of my headunit and then wraps around the entire car to come out of the glove box between the two seats?

Originally Posted by mndthegap1
it's the OEM headunit that has a button saying CD AUX instead of just saying CD, doesn't have Bluetooth capabilities I don't think
Old 07-24-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 209 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by EkaL86
Originally Posted by orangebarius' timestamp='1437756824' post='23691634
this is pretty easy to do. just pull out the radio door and there are 4 screws that hold in the radio. take them out and the headunit should pull right out. the wire is in the back of it. look for a DIY on here on how to replace a headunit. same instructions. do you have the new wire?
no I don't have it, but can obviously go out and purchase if need be. so you're saying the AUX is attached to the back of my headunit and then wraps around the entire car to come out of the glove box between the two seats?
it's the OEM headunit that has a button saying CD AUX instead of just saying CD, doesn't have Bluetooth capabilities I don't think
Nope No teeth
Old 07-24-2015, 12:30 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by orangebarius' timestamp='1437756824' post='23691634

its probably just ran underneath the carpet. no idea how they ran it, but if its in a clean install, then its underneath the carpet.

your best bet would be to tape the new wire the the old one and pull it out. this way you don't have to mess with the carpet or snaking it underneath it.

it is definitely ran from the back of your head unit though.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey everyone.
I purchased my car with the OEM Auxiliary added to it. Basically, there is an AUX cord that is built into my car and comes out of the glove box to plug into my iPhone to play music. The cord has taken a bit of abuse over the years from the previous owner and the volume isn't always stable which I would assume is a result of the cord being bent around a lot and losing its connection. So, I'm looking for a person or place to bring my car to that would be able to replace the AUX cable with a new one so I don't have this issue. If needed, I can take pictures and post them to show you guys what I am talking about.

I am located in Bergen County, NJ so would prefer a place not too far, but if there is someone in the Metro area who does really good work then I would be willing to take the trip to go there. I would be willing to bring it to a forum member (the Billman of sound and wiring ) or a shop, whichever is better.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Have the same setup they most likely ran out.under the carpet from.the transmission tunnel I have my ipod.on the side with the.net is on the passanger side. I can control it the skip with my channel button
Old 07-24-2015, 02:04 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Just get a new head unit with Bluetooth it'll be worth it
Old 07-24-2015, 07:34 PM

Just get a new head unit with Bluetooth it'll be worth it
hmm, something to consider. any recommendations for a good audio shop? and if I got a new headunit that has Bluetooth, then what would I do with my current AUX cable and the hole in the back of my glovebox that it comes out of?

Quick Reply: Need a place to replace my AUX cable