New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

New Jersey Motorsports Thunderbolt Raceway

Old 11-09-2009, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GinoGT,Nov 9 2009, 12:13 AM
Well, if you were running with PDA, you were probably running 20 minute sessions. Other groups like TrackDaze and SCDA do 30 minutes.

Whomever is going to try and get something together for next year, I highly recommend TrackDaze. I've run with TrackDaze, SCDA, and TrackTime4Cars... TrackDaze is my favorite of the three. 30 minute sessions, good prices, and intermediate and advanced level drivers can take a passenger after the lunch break (passenger just needs to sign a waiver). Compare that to TrackTime4Cars being most expensive, them being mostly a motorcycle group, and charging for a passenger after lunch, and SCDA having a no passenger policy (unless you're an instructor).
Thanks for the info.

This event posted was setup by some subaru guys we know. I dont know how often they go and so forth but again, we have a lot of planning to do to get this going. Your input and anyone elses is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

TrackTime4Cars = Team ProMotion for motorcycles. Back in my motorcyle trackday days, they were about the profit, not about the sport. IMHO
Old 11-09-2009, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freq,Nov 9 2009, 11:59 AM
TrackTime4Cars = Team ProMotion for motorcycles. Back in my motorcyle trackday days, they were about the profit, not about the sport. IMHO
Based on what they were saying at the event I was at, they're walking a tightrope right now as their insurance company was turning up the heat on them. It mostly had to do with a small group of riders that seemingly go out to track days to crash and cause red flags and ambulance rides. As they told us, there was a day at NJMP Thunderbolt this year (motorcycle group) that was red flagged 12 times

As a side note, it seemed to be that practically the whole staff was riding as well that day, which meant as I was trying to find somebody to talk to about a ride-along passenger, I wound up standing around with my thumb up my ass as there was nobody in the paddock running things. During the combo car/bike days, the car guys are seemingly non-priorities. Not a nice thing when you're paying a few hundred dollars to be there for the day.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 AM

I definitely want to get back to the track. I brought my S to lightning this year and it was a ball. I'm skeptical about bringing the WRX though, I feel like it'll be a let down after driving the S there. Soooo much body roll.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slates74,Nov 10 2009, 12:50 PM
I definitely want to get back to the track. I brought my S to lightning this year and it was a ball. I'm skeptical about bringing the WRX though, I feel like it'll be a let down after driving the S there. Soooo much body roll.
Make sure you have some brake ducting for the front. The wheel bearings tend do go quickly on tracked WRXs.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 PM

Thanks Clyde!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by GinoGT,Nov 9 2009, 07:08 PM
Based on what they were saying at the event I was at, they're walking a tightrope right now as their insurance company was turning up the heat on them. It mostly had to do with a small group of riders that seemingly go out to track days to crash and cause red flags and ambulance rides. As they told us, there was a day at NJMP Thunderbolt this year (motorcycle group) that was red flagged 12 times

As a side note, it seemed to be that practically the whole staff was riding as well that day, which meant as I was trying to find somebody to talk to about a ride-along passenger, I wound up standing around with my thumb up my ass as there was nobody in the paddock running things. During the combo car/bike days, the car guys are seemingly non-priorities. Not a nice thing when you're paying a few hundred dollars to be there for the day.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freq,Nov 10 2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah. Either way, I still had a blast. Do the math: only about 12 to 15 cars on a 2.25 mile track There were times I was double and triple-checking the flag stations, just to make sure the session hadn't ended and I was going around and around the track like an idiot. There were a few times were I was just going lap after lap not seeing a single car. Got to dice it up with a Challenger SRT-8 and tried hanging on to a new 911 Turbo.