New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

for the ones that showed at 234

Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH NO! Not the whole plasti dip thing!!!! LOL it looks ok in pictures but can't see it lasting a good winter up here. Also for the price of getting it done you might as well wrap the car or just do a paint. That kit they sell is known to not be enough. Maybe they have changed it but I am really not a fan of it. If your going to do something small it's cool but the entire car .. blah. I seen many uneven and very dull jobs done. To do it right you have to do a few full coats and have to really have a good even hand for it.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

to be honest i was thinking about doing this a while back but decided not to do it, i wanna go the wrap way like john did, but i mean if its just for the winter i think itll cost you like 3hunge total to do so f@#k it do it, and if it is just gonna be for a couple of months get some exotic never done b4 color
Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by mndthegap1
to be honest i was thinking about doing this a while back but decided not to do it, i wanna go the wrap way like john did, but i mean if its just for the winter i think itll cost you like 3hunge total to do so f@#k it do it, and if it is just gonna be for a couple of months get some exotic never done b4 color
there is nothing exotic about a matt finish

I just started to do some more reading on it and in some rare cases it has removed paint. Bugs love plastidip more than you will and in winter it will last less and fade quick depending on weather exposure.

If you do have the 300 to throw away then ago for it and choose a color that won't look bad in a dull finish.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM

rangers taste like wood lol

Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by it'S2klean
Guys, i need im thinking about doing a Plastidip coat for the winter, and i want to see how i like my car in red because im considering respraying it that...

What you guys think about the whole PlastiDip thing? There is a kit they have for doing the entire car, lots of people have been doing it recently, from S2k's to M3's
You gotta see it in person after a month or two have passed and see how you like it. If you like it, then do it.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
OH NO! Not the whole plasti dip thing!!!! LOL it looks ok in pictures but can't see it lasting a good winter up here. Also for the price of getting it done you might as well wrap the car or just do a paint. That kit they sell is known to not be enough. Maybe they have changed it but I am really not a fan of it. If your going to do something small it's cool but the entire car .. blah. I seen many uneven and very dull jobs done. To do it right you have to do a few full coats and have to really have a good even hand for it.
Ive seen people do bigger cars with the kit, so im hoping that the smaller s2k wont have problems being covered.

Im more worried about the "Good even hand" as thats something you really gain from painting experience, which i have none...

This was done with the spray can, so im sure even i can do better, but still, this is what im worried about.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Ive seen people do bigger cars with the kit, so im hoping that the smaller s2k wont have problems being covered.

Im more worried about the "Good even hand" as thats something you really gain from painting experience, which i have none...

I feel like if i ask my mechanic to recommend me to a painter he knows, he cant charge to much for the 3 hours it takes by coming to my house, at least that way it will have an experienced hand, thats about 600 dollar (assuming he wants the standard 100 an hour, but maybe he'll do it for less) and ill have a different color car, with a protective coat, for much less than a wrap.

Plus good wraps are close to 2g's anyway!
I mean if you know someone it'll def. be alot less, but i dont.

This was done with the spray can, so im sure even i can do better with the kit and electric gun, but still, this is what im worried about....

Old 12-12-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 209 Likes on 171 Posts

You should be worried. Very worried.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:13 PM

Aight bitches! I finally have a weekend off....I know its very late notice but you guys wanna have a 234 day on sun? Lmk.... I'm on my mobile phone outside drinking and burning wood I don't know how to throw up the 234 signal from my phone lol
Old 12-14-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

In for the win and I'm bringing meat (that is if we're on).

Quick Reply: for the ones that showed at 234