New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Pissed off with Mastergrade

Old 11-09-2004, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pissed off with Mastergrade

Ok...well here is the deal....A while ago i got into an accident and i needed to repair the hood, fender, bumper, headlight...so i decided to do a lil upgrade..

My decision was to do an 04 front end conversion and some kind of CF hood...Upon my decision to go with the new Mastergrade CF being that their products look decent esp their rear CF trunk... I had the body shop (thanks Bill on the bodyshp) order the Mastergrade hood.. First I would like to say that Mastergrade customer service is the worst ever!!!!!!! I waited almost a month for this damn hood.. I was lied to many times about the status on this hood and shipping. NOt to mention the stupid shipping company...OMG!!!! Any way...when the body shop got the hood they told me it fit like pure shit!!!!! THis is what i get for for buying a cheap hood and not going with something authentic...I know that hardly any aftermarket stuff is perfect like OEM but i will let these pics speak for themself...

If anybody has any comments or suggestions on what i could do please let me know....Yes i have called Mastergrade many times already and left mesages with no respnose in return. I alse just sent them a long email about my problem saying that I would like to return the hood....

RICKY = PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2004, 08:19 AM

Received 1,320 Likes on 800 Posts

dude you could almost work on the engine without opening the hood....I'd demand a refund, show them these pics...does anybody know if CF can be worked to fit, like heated, baked, and held in place?
Old 11-09-2004, 10:04 AM

you tried everything? adjusted the stoppers? the latch? most replica hoods need a lot of massaging to fit.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that thing looks like shlt
Old 11-09-2004, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by TriaXenginE,Nov 9 2004, 03:04 PM
you tried everything? adjusted the stoppers? the latch? most replica hoods need a lot of massaging to fit.
i didn't adjust anything....the bodyshop installed the hood...they said they adjusted it....if anything i will need help from some of u guys to adjust this thing...i hope it fits a little better at least...cause as of right now...this is not acceptable in any way!!..

i was reading some post about fitment of non-oem hoods and i was told they were a lot of places that u can adjust hoods....since i have no clue where these adjustments are..if anybody can help i would greatly appreciate it
Old 11-09-2004, 11:52 AM

call them back up. i know mastergrade has been trying their best to better their reputation.

they've had some bad press because of their customer service back in the day. looks like they're not trying hard enough to make things right.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:02 PM

thanks for the advice on where the adjustment poitns are....i will try to get this done ASAP and see if it fits better
Old 11-09-2004, 03:49 PM

Man this sucks hope it works out for you keep us posted always good to know
how the venders are treating everyone. because like Allen said they have been
bad before.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:58 PM

Man that sucks, and it looks like shit (sorry) I was think about get some stuff from Mastergrade but this changed my mind, good luck with this issue..
If I were you I would try to return it
Did you pay with a credit card?
Old 11-09-2004, 06:25 PM

hopefully you paid with amex so you can dispute the bill with them and let them be the bulldogs. I love amex!!!

Quick Reply: Pissed off with Mastergrade