New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

PleaseHelp w/Seibon FrontLip... (intake)

Old 09-03-2005, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PleaseHelp w/Seibon FrontLip... (intake)

I just recieved my seibon carbon fiber OEM front lip and it came with no screws and no instructions on how to put it on, does anyone have any advice , can i buy any screws , do you need to take the little mud gards off the car to put this on? Also can anybody reccomend a intake to get that wont have any hydrolocking issues ? Thanks Adam
Old 09-03-2005, 11:23 AM

Old 09-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.handa-accessories.com/S2000/s2kfuspoil.pdf

It's seibon, it doesn't come with any bolts.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Former Moderator

As for intake without hydrolock.

AEM with bypass shouldn't lock
Comptech
Mugen
J's Racing
PRM
etc....

Basically the only ones that have a high possibility of hydrolocking are AEM version 1 and 2 without the bypass valve, Injen, and any clone of the previously mentioned AEM or Injen.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by doughNuts,Sep 3 2005, 02:04 PM
I just recieved my seibon carbon fiber OEM front lip and it came with no screws and no instructions on how to put it on, does anyone have any advice , can i buy any screws , do you need to take the little mud gards off the car to put this on? Also can anybody reccomend a intake to get that wont have any hydrolocking issues ? Thanks Adam
im gonna tell you my experience since i have the same combo as you (cf oem lip and cai). if it came with instructions, all of the hardware should be listed with the instructions, go to a hardware store and pick them up, probably about $7 for everything. as for the cai, ive been running my aem v1 for a year and a half now with the black plastic hole in the front bumper (right in front of the intake filter) cut out. the filter is exposed to the outside and it is visible from the front/side of the car. ive driven in rain, floods (3-7 inches of rain) and have never had a problem. i was CREEPING though, when i went through the floods. its harder than you think to hydrolock our cars (even with a cai, and a cutout exposing the filter.) good luck
-Chris

ps - i dont have a bypass valve on my cai either
Old 09-04-2005, 02:38 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by nalVle,Sep 3 2005, 05:44 PM
im gonna tell you my experience since i have the same combo as you (cf oem lip and cai). if it came with instructions, all of the hardware should be listed with the instructions, go to a hardware store and pick them up, probably about $7 for everything. as for the cai, ive been running my aem v1 for a year and a half now with the black plastic hole in the front bumper (right in front of the intake filter) cut out. the filter is exposed to the outside and it is visible from the front/side of the car. ive driven in rain, floods (3-7 inches of rain) and have never had a problem. i was CREEPING though, when i went through the floods. its harder than you think to hydrolock our cars (even with a cai, and a cutout exposing the filter.) good luck
-Chris

ps - i dont have a bypass valve on my cai either
I think you need to do a search. I'd be willing to bet that you'll find it really isn't that hard to hydrolock with the AEM and Injen intakes. There are more then a few listings in UTH where people have done it and complained afterwards. Hey your car your money, that sure isn't going to be covered under warranty. So take your chance as you wish.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=turbo_pwr,Sep 4 2005, 05:38 AM] I think you need to do a search.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:03 AM

Received 1,253 Likes on 763 Posts

Please.

My last customer with hydrolock did it while sitting in his driveway. The water filled his AEM intake overnight. He started the car in the AM a broke a rod in three pieces.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:41 PM

thanks for the info. , does anyone possibly know how to install the seibon lip im not 2 sure how 2 , it would be a big help ... any tips ...
Old 09-05-2005, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by doughNuts,Sep 5 2005, 04:41 PM
thanks for the info. , does anyone possibly know how to install the seibon lip im not 2 sure how 2 , it would be a big help ... any tips ...
there's about 8 screws which you just screw-in. you can find tutorials for simple things like an oem lip install. search around places like Rick's, or hardtopguy, or even here.
-Chris

Quick Reply: PleaseHelp w/Seibon FrontLip... (intake)