New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Pre-Winter Tech Day

Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
Red face Pre-Winter Tech Day

Anuj recommended that i start my own thread for this, so i have!

What: Pre-Winter Techday.
Where: My house in Bernardsville, Nj, 07924. The address will be sent via pm to those interested.
When: Saturday, 12/1/07 @ 9am until 4:30P or Dark.
Why: We want your car to be in good running condition this Winter.

Rules:

No major service will be done (such as replace clutch, differential) as it will be cold(er) with less daylight but many simple things can be done such as changing your own motor oil + filter (if you have not done this before, there will be people there that know how to do this and can show you), changing or cleaning your air filter, replacing differential fluid, transmission fluid, checking levels, replacing wipers, installing an intake, etc. If you have an exhaust to install, make sure you have a way to get your old exhaust home. If you have a jack+jack stands, please bring it.

My dad threw out my oil catcher, so could someone brings theirs, and probably two others... for all three stalls.

If you want to wash and wax your car, please bring your choice of washing and wax materials... I have never been known for the cleanest car I will have a source of water that will be dispensed in buckets. You can wash on the bottom of the driveway.

Parking setup will be first come first serve. I should be able to fit at least 6-8 cars in the bottom of the driveway by the garages, depending if i take all of our cars out. There is also a circular part of the driveway, where people that have come late can park their cars before they get their stuff worked on. All fluid changes will be done in the garages, like oil and brakes. If you want to change brakes pads and things like that, you can do that outside, but you run the risk of getting wet, from the wash and wax guys

ALL oils and fluids brought in must be brought out. There are NO exceptions to this. Anuj is working with me to find a location that will take our used oil in the vicinity.

Here is the list so far

1. quickshifting
2. HiPER
3. RunUrAss
4. orangebarius
5. 8kGoodENuff
6. Cypher09 (maybe)
7. devs2k
8. [gTr]
9. Davizzle
10. GRUNTS2K
11. S2K KiDD
12. s2killa
13. S2KNJ
14. HowS2kru (maybe work
Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What to do what NOT to do:

NO Major Service (i.e. replace clutch, replace differential)
YES Change fluids (i.e. motor oil+filter, differential oil, transmission, etc)
YES Washing your car and detailing
NO Leaving any used oil behind. *********** (Working on finding a place to take our used oil)
YES changing or installing body modifications
YES installing springs/coilovers

Please bring jack stands and a jack.

Not a lot of 'rules' --- mainly just no big work to be done and also the oil has to be removed. If you have an oil jug of some sort that can hold gallons, please bring it.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good... I will bring my torque wrench, jack stands and jack as long as they are returned in the same condition as i lend them out in... im really anal about my tools...

ohh and John would you mind if we brought some beers? not to get wasted or anything but i usually have one or 2 while i work on my car... if not i totally understand
Old 11-21-2007, 09:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ill be there watching/helping. ill be bringing tools, jack stands, jack and anything specific you need, just ask. i may challenge marcus to a rematch in pool too. ill also bring a few empty containers for people's oil/fluids.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:27 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Why don't I see minitoyota on the list? It just isn't the same without Jeff, John, and Marco there.

Also, Ray, It's not that far from you actually. Google says 1 hr 10 mins from Flushing. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geoc...=UTF8&z=10&om=1
Old 11-21-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPER,Nov 21 2007, 01:27 PM
Why don't I see minitoyota on the list? It just isn't the same without Jeff, John, and Marco there.

Also, Ray, It's not that far from you actually. Google says 1 hr 10 mins from Flushing. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geoc...=UTF8&z=10&om=1
i told him about it, he said he was interested, but will let me know if he can come! Lets hope he can!

Don't feel bad for caring about your tools! I feel the same way about mine. Considering there will be alot of poeples tools around, i would recommend that you put your name on your stuff! (i'm just waiting for the jokes...)
Old 11-21-2007, 09:55 AM

yeah wtf, put me on the list beeeotch. Not bringing the Stook though, but will bring the ridge, tools and my 5 gal thing for used oil. Any auto service/garage place should take used oil, i believe its a law in NJ now.

Actually I tried posted in the other thread before just got side tracked with work.... but i will bring the fender roller and my orbital waxer as well, i have no pads for it though. Anyone is welcome to use it but bring your own pads. I believe they are 10" but i will check.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

yea jeff, thats whats up. we got the north jersey 7 coming. me, anuj, dave, andre, marcus, john and jeff.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:00 AM

I'd rather not but I can also bring the compressor and air tools if anyone thinks it would be helpful.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:07 AM

put me down as a maybe

Quick Reply: Pre-Winter Tech Day