New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

scariest night of my life

Old 10-31-2012, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you aree OK..Im used to hurricanes in my island so I know what went trough. Any pics? Crazy you still have internet service..
Old 10-31-2012, 06:53 AM

Glad you guys are ok and much love to Billman and Tony. Two amazing people always helping others. I will need to fly up there to personally buy you guys a beer very soon.

Continue to stay safe my bros!

I really can't believe I move to hurricane country from NY and it gets hit so hard up there. Precautions we take can make the difference.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, glad your okay. Your a good man. I'm sure many unfortunate ones are very thankful for your hard work.

Stay safe.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice of you to do what your doing for your community. I know LI got hit hard, stay safe everyone.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 AM
bbp

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you are OK
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow. Just Wow.
I have this vision of Billman's large machines hanging in the air like a broken crane arm..
I have visions of Tony moving, bending backwards like Neo in the Matrix...

Glad you guys came through ok. Our hearts go out to those who got wiped.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Crazy stuff man. Living in the part of Queens that was untouched, it's almost unbelievable the images I see on the TV and hearing from other people. Keep safe everyone and I hope you all get power and back to normal soon.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by steguis
Crazy stuff man. Living in the part of Queens that was untouched, it's almost unbelievable the images I see on the TV and hearing from other people. Keep safe everyone and I hope you all get power and back to normal soon.
My son is not far from you Steve and he is just chilling home relaxing since he can't get to classes. Looks like that area got lucky this time around. This is the third time NY gets hit hard. There was that tornado that uprooted so many trees a couple of years ago and about a year ago there was another bad storm that left many with no power for days. I been on NY1.com checking out the aftermath and I have never seen so much flooding.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 PM

Thats crazy! Glad to hear you were so well prepared! Awesome job on volunteering!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 PM

Received 812 Likes on 447 Posts

I was without power for about 36 hours. It came back today, and other than debris, a small leak and some wasted food, am doing OK. However, I had the chance to watch some TV this afternoon for the first time since the storm hit.

I'm seeing pictures from the NY stations now at the NJ Shore, Brooklyn, Queens, and LI and I'm in utter shock. I can't even fathom the situation for people. So to anyone out there, be safe.

And, for anyone who doesn't know Bill...
I just got home. I spent the entire day with my generator and pumps helping others. I spent all day cutting trees off power lines of the neighborhood with my rope equipment and chainsaw. Pumped out a few basements, even hot wired some furnaces to get them running and dry them out.

I will continue tomorrow to volunteer...

The above statement is about all you need to know!!! Way to go Bill, an absolute pillar of any community!!!

Quick Reply: scariest night of my life