New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

STOLEN AP2 GPW/tan last night

Old 10-16-2017, 06:13 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

OP...Im really sorry to hear about your car. I hope you somehow get it back in one piece.
This is getting outta control already.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
I believe these are inside jobs, and an employee at a Honda dealer is getting keys. They likely push it down the road silent, then swap in an ECU without immobilizer to drive away.

This is not going to stop until someone digs deep.

I guarantee with enough digging, the local dealer in which the Honda Interactive Network was accessed can be found. The iN is accessed anytime a VIN is used for VIN-to-keycut codes.

I can almost guarantee these 7 thefts are related.

One proactive step is to cover the vin on your car.

The best is a concrete anchor, or tree, and chain the rear subframe.
Some MAJOR bad press for a dealership if true. Maybe some with pull on the inside :cough: S2Legend :cough: could notify corporate and ask that someone have a look?
Old 10-16-2017, 09:09 AM

Received 1,253 Likes on 763 Posts

I have lots of influence with Honda. However, this cannot be traced via corporate, my guy has tried. The sherrifs department was also involved.

The inquiry needs to be made at the dealer the key came from. Basically map all the stolen cars, and check dealers in proximity.

Last edited by Billman250; 10-16-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:41 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

You need to stop the market for s2000 parts. I'm pretty sure after they strip the car, the rest of the car will be on blocks.

MOST of the parts don't fit on any other car, except the S. So again, it's a small enough community, if you see some parts that a priced too good to be true, post it it here, call it out on CL etc.

By turning your cheek on a "good deal" you're giving thieves a reason to steal more to stock up their inventory to sell.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
I believe these are inside jobs, and an employee at a Honda dealer is getting keys. They likely push it down the road silent, then swap in an ECU without immobilizer to drive away.

This is not going to stop until someone digs deep.

I guarantee with enough digging, the local dealer in which the Honda Interactive Network was accessed can be found. The iN is accessed anytime a VIN is used for VIN-to-keycut codes.

I can almost guarantee these 7 thefts are related.

One proactive step is to cover the vin on your car.

The best is a concrete anchor, or tree, and chain the rear subframe.
Unfortunately I don't think this will be enough. If they are going through the trouble of cutting keys and changing ECU's, I don't think they'll have an issue carrying a bolt cutter around to make quick work of whatever chain or lock you use.

I know that Lojack's aren't perfect, but I think one of those coupled with an active alarm would help deter a lot of these thefts. There is probably no sure fire way of ever entirely stopping the thefts, but if we make it more of a headache than it's worth then that might be the best chance we have.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:41 PM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

I don't think these cars are being parted out. Way easier to do that with civics, and less chance of tight knit community catching up with you.

I think these cars are being shipped overseas, where these cars are worth way more $. To where, I have no clue.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Cant keep these cars outsdide

A lot of S2000 owners arent on the boards and you can part it out easy.

Places over seas want SUV or really expensive luxury cars
Old 10-16-2017, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the support guys. I learned my lesson the hard way. Hope to be in another one soon.
The following users liked this post:
2NDW1FE (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 02:49 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by jlozano180
A lot of S2000 owners arent on the boards and you can part it out easy.
Fewer on here everyday, more on facebook everyday.

Easily identified parts won't show up here. These cars are getting stripped not shipped. Many a roller have been found gutted on the streets.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:06 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by white98sh
Thanks for the support guys. I learned my lesson the hard way. Hope to be in another one soon.
Glad to hear this won't turn you away from owning another!

Quick Reply: STOLEN AP2 GPW/tan last night