New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

TECH DAY SUNDAY MAY 16TH!

Old 05-10-2004, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by billman250 Hey Mikey, you want one of those high tech tire gauges? They're like 25 bucks, truck rolls in tomorrow (Tuesday)
How high tech is it ?? Beyond digital ??

On Sunday we will be "teching" at my place. I am in the middle of doing several things in the house (the major two are having assimilated a whole other house's contents because we just sold my mom-in-law's house and moved all the stuff over here; and clearing out 25 years worth of "stuff" from our attic) so the house is really full of boxes and bags ... but the driveways are clear.

I just put the front bumper back on my car (after it was repainted .... AGAIN ) and want to put a clear bra on the front before I drive it. If I don't do that on Saturday then I will do it on Sunday.

My house will be open for all as of about 7:30 - 8:00 a.m. on Sunday , so come one come all.

Eliot
Old 05-10-2004, 05:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by billman250
Old 05-10-2004, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by kane.s2k
It's getting there. Finally got the money part down...which is definately the longest and hardest part. My head is out to Alaniz getting ported and polished, I just picked up my second short block and I gotta tear it apart when I get a chance to make sure the crankshaft on this one is fine. Then the block gets re-worked completely. I'd be done with a lot of the car sooner if school was finally over.

I'm hoping for 1.5 months more but it may take 2 months . If I had some more money to spare it'd be done faster but it's a lot extra I'd have to pay. Basically I want to be done and driving happily in Fall Colors 05 with my AEM EMS tuned really well without too many drivability issues by then.

Sounds good bro I hope your at Fall Colors too that would be kwl
Old 05-10-2004, 05:54 PM

Originally posted by HJZ
Speaking of tools, does anyone have or seen my screw driver with magnet and LED lights? It's blue with a red button on the bottom for the light.
Yes -- there is one of those here and we were wondering where it came from.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:56 PM

Anyone who needs to do suspension please come early as possible. We have to get you cars done first since I know it takes the most wear in energy out of people.

Dee, you can try and install the suspension yourself on the side provided you come by 10am. I'll instruct you on what to do. Also Dee, bring a 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm. For the 17mm and 14mm bring BOTH an open end wrench and a socket wrench.

As a matter of fact, I suggest everyone to try and bring their own tools so that we dont have to scavange for them.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jacko
Old 05-10-2004, 06:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kane.s2k
Old 05-10-2004, 06:12 PM

Received 1,320 Likes on 800 Posts

Try to bring what you think you will need for your particular job.

Headlights=RTV silicone sealant, towel for the oven, can of compressed air, large zipties, any new bulbs like chromies or LED's, small 1/4" drive socket set would be nice...

Springs=I would reccommend removing the spare tire and cleaning out the trunk to access the upper strut mounting bolts, and a set of jack stands (don't know how many sets Dan has)

I'll bring some air tools and special goodies. I've got lots of tools and equipment, so post if you can think of anything

PS....Pic of the tire gauge up ^ a few posts...anyone want one??
Old 05-10-2004, 06:34 PM
HJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Defender
Old 05-10-2004, 06:38 PM

Make sure the silicone sealant says high temp on it. Must be able to sustain 350 degrees. The zipties need to be rather fat and strong. The thin ones break too easy.

Spring guys, bring some blue loc-tite. Make sure it's blue

Who is doing brakes again? We'll need the brake piston compressor and the cube for the brakes. Or did someone have a BBK? Either way, you'll need the brake compressor. The person who was going to do the BBK, bring it to be installed please . I really want to do one.

Quick Reply: TECH DAY SUNDAY MAY 16TH!