New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Thinking bout selling the S

Old 09-08-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking bout selling the S

I don't know what to do. I need a bigger car, but i don't want to sell the S. I can't have to cars because wife doesn't think it makes any sense. Those of you that have seen my car what do you think i can get for it? Mugen Hardtop, VIS mugen style hood, jdp enginnering carbon fiber lip, carbon fiber side diffusers, 40k miles. 2005. Advan RS with Potenzas......AHHHHH idk what to do. if i do sell i would buy Audi S4 or E-Class,
Old 09-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you sell it, part it out. You won't get the value if you sell as is.

Don't sell man! But a user truck or something..
Old 09-08-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

this is probably the 1st and only time im gonna agree with Nick....... DO NOT SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! buy some P.O.S car and do it that way.... but if you do sell and you do part it out I got bids on ur rims
Old 09-08-2011, 03:21 PM

Damn. In in 50/50 if to sell or not. Def will part out if decide to sell.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you should be shopping for a new wife
Old 09-08-2011, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

E don't sell your car youre gonna end up regretting it. I say sell some part that's u have and just buy a cheap beater. I know times are tough but selling the car will not make things better for you unless you really need the money. But like everyone said, if you decide to sell it, put it back in stock form and then sell the car. Good luck homie.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by BanzaiS2K2003
E don't sell your car youre gonna end up regretting it. I say sell some part that's u have and just buy a cheap beater. I know times are tough but selling the car will not make things better for you unless you really need the money. But like everyone said, if you decide to sell it, put it back in stock form and then sell the car. Good luck homie.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Taku_Yoshida
I don't know what to do. I need a bigger car, but i don't want to sell the S. I can't have to cars because wife doesn't think it makes any sense. Those of you that have seen my car what do you think i can get for it? Mugen Hardtop, VIS mugen style hood, jdp enginnering carbon fiber lip, carbon fiber side diffusers, 40k miles. 2005. Advan RS with Potenzas......AHHHHH idk what to do. if i do sell i would buy Audi S4 or E-Class,
I agree, about three years ago I sold the S after a few months of having it, I regretted it until I bought another one...........at the same time, I agree with your wife, I have 2 cars now (RL and S) and the S is just a waste of money, I mean I use public transportation M-F wife uses the RL, on weekends most of the time or weekdays after work we use the RL..........I have to find excuses to use the S, and the few track events that I plan on going don't financially make it worth my while owning the S..............so I do it just because I want to even though I am broke now lol !!!!!

In all seriousness if you can handle a beater and 2 cars worth of maintenance/insurance try that first......then if you think it's a waste, get a nice daily and sell the S...ultimately it is up to you....
Old 09-08-2011, 05:18 PM

ask the wife... "honey, do i make you compromise on how many shoes or handbags you really need? no. so please don't make me compromise on how many cars i can have."

...worked for me!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:41 PM

Not sure how much money you can get for your car but the deep dark void it leaves in the center of your chest will be irreplaceable. And you're going to just be upset that your next car will never live up to your previous S2000, this will bring about negativity and thus result in suppressed resentment towards your wife. You don't want the percentage of arguments increasing do you? Don't put your marriage on the line, you guys will be fighting one day over nothing and suddenly you blurt out "You turned your back on our baby (s2000) how could you!?". This is where my psychology degree comes in handy, buy a beater. Your s2000 will be your investment, you're going to be walking around the house and stub your toe on a table leg and it's going to not hurt as bad because you know your s2000 is still safe by your side and that thought itself comforts you. If you could say you ever loved a vehicle, your s2000 is it. Don't support the negligence and abuse of s2000's, stand up for yours.

tl;dr don't sell, buy a salvaged titled Honda civic

Quick Reply: Thinking bout selling the S