New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Track Day at Englishtown Road Course

Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day at Englishtown Road Course

**UPDATE: Some spots open for Sunday August 17th**

Unfortunately it falls on the same weekend of the tech day and some of you guys just recently went to Pocono but I figured I'd give it a shot. It's a good track for someone new to track days looking to get their feet wet. The track is on the technical side so the S2000 really shines on this track. They recently repaved a good portion of the track because it was a little rough in a few spots. I did an instructional day here last month and the instructors were very knowledgeable and everyone was friendly, it was an all around good time. It costs $225, it's August 8th the day starts at 9am ends at 5pm. Just send an email to etownroadcourse@aol.com the director's name is Chris just tell him to sign you up. Hope to see some of you .
Old 08-01-2008, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i might be down for this - just gotta see if i can get off from work on a friday.

do i need to bring a helmet, or any other gear?
Old 08-01-2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by TelosHedge,Aug 1 2008, 07:49 PM
i might be down for this - just gotta see if i can get off from work on a friday.

do i need to bring a helmet, or any other gear?
They rent helmets if you don't own a SA 2005 rated helmet, i think it was just a few dollars. Other than that last time i went i brought myself a camping chair, motor oil, and a cooler with lots of water and food. Email the director he's pretty good with sending back responses quickly. It kind of sucks it falls on a Friday i don't like taking off of work but you gotta make time to play sometimes
Old 08-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Banned

Hey Manny I might be interested. Do you know how many runs you get on the track for that day?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:00 AM

Last time i went i got in 5 15min sessions. I thought the sessions were going to be longer but at the end of the day I was satisfied for what I paid. No rollbar needed btw.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:06 AM

helmets for sale pm me
Old 08-02-2008, 08:08 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

how long of a time in between sessions is there and are there any power outlets in the area? I don't exactly have the best cooling setup for summer tracks days
Old 08-02-2008, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Aug 2 2008, 08:08 AM
how long of a time in between sessions is there and are there any power outlets in the area? I don't exactly have the best cooling setup for summer tracks days
15 min between sessions, one group goes out as the other comes in. The facility is still new so they haven't built any amenities like power sources and garage space yet. I shouldn't even use the word "facility" there's just the track. There was a Saturn Sky Redline there that was supposedly experiencing some heat issues with his car but i think he was just being a wuss and didn't want to run anymore
Old 08-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned

Cool...hey Manny do they have instructors/class room before hand....It would be my first ever track event if I go.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Aug 2 2008, 09:09 AM
Cool...hey Manny do they have instructors/class room before hand....It would be my first ever track event if I go.
They'll do a 1 hour classroom session at 9am - 10am going over driving line, flags, tire pressures and passing procedures. Then you'll have an instructor until lunch time at 12pm. Before you go back out they'll have another shorter class session which is just a review and you get to ask questions about the track if you have any. After that you most likely won't need an instructor anymore but you have the option to have one and then they unleash everyone onto the track. The instructors were good and i wasn't expecting that the first time around from a new track. The director is an ex-pro racer and my personal instructor was a 20 something year old kid that runs in the Honda Challenge series, I learned alot in the first 15 min session. They'll most likely have the class sessions trackside on the bleachers so don't expect to much. Nevertheless it's worth the money. The first time i went alot of people didn't show up so everyone got an instructor all morning but that might not be the case this time around, we'll see.

Quick Reply: Track Day at Englishtown Road Course