New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Which web browser do you use?

Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which web browser do you use?

Just curious what web browser you guys are using. I'm running Windows Vista, and found that Firefox crashes non-stop. I switched to Safari for Windows, and found that it was taking a lot of time to render web pages. So I finally switched to Google Chrome, and I'm liking it more and more. It makes for quick and easy browsing.

Does anyone else have problems with Firefox in general or particularly when running Windows Vista?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:26 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like your computer could use a fresh install of vista, as when I had vista I had 0 issues with it (granted I'm a semi computer geek so I know what to do with it).

Either way I usually use internet explorer when on my windows 7 computers and obviously safari when on my mac. I prefer safari overall.

I never liked firefox because of all the bitching they did about unfair competition with microsoft because microsoft's default browser for THEIR software was THEIR browser...go figure?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i only use ie8 and it works great. I agree though you may need to rebuild your pc. It's very easy with vista....just use the easy file transfer wizard to back up your data. Make sure you have all your application installs available....do a wipe and load then reload your old apps and data
Old 02-08-2010, 08:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Firefox, Google Chrome is decent too.. I think your problem is Vista, its a shit OS, get 7 or XP pro

Netscape Navigator was the best browser ever, too bad they discontinued it.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Firefox on my Mac at home and I use a combination of Opera and IE at work. Opera is great, it's packed full of all kinds of neat features (many of which Firefox ends up copying). My wife uses Firefox on her laptop which is running Vista and hasn't had any issues with Firefox itself...

Vista is another issue, it likes to change settings after you change them in the control panel. POS OS.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Feb 8 2010, 12:26 PM
Sounds like your computer could use a fresh install of vista, as when I had vista I had 0 issues with it (granted I'm a semi computer geek so I know what to do with it).

Either way I usually use internet explorer when on my windows 7 computers and obviously safari when on my mac. I prefer safari overall.

I never liked firefox because of all the bitching they did about unfair competition with microsoft because microsoft's default browser for THEIR software was THEIR browser...go figure?
But if one were to do an complete re-install with restored data, wouldn't that be putting back the same exact data (and perhaps the same issues)? Pardon my computer illiteracy, but what changes to Vista when you restore the same data?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

i really enjoy google chrome. If i used more 'add ons' or whatever they're called i'd use Mozilla. Not too interested in IE8, but i haven't really given it a chance as i really enjoy chrome.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 AM

firefox / opera / safari

im on mac
Old 02-08-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by BD89,Feb 8 2010, 12:52 PM
But if one were to do an complete re-install with restored data, wouldn't that be putting back the same exact data (and perhaps the same issues)? Pardon my computer illiteracy, but what changes to Vista when you restore the same data?
You just backup your documents (and whatever else you want to keep), then wipe the drive clean, and reinstall windows.

By wipping the drive clean, your deleting any malicious software / program bugs that were slowing your computer down, and replacing them with a "fresh copy" of windows.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Deception,Feb 8 2010, 12:41 PM
I use Firefox, Google Chrome is decent too.. I think your problem is Vista, its a shit OS, get 7 or XP pro

Netscape Navigator was the best browser ever, too bad they discontinued it.
Since SP1, vista has been perfectly fine. Now people just hate on vista because everyone else does. However, I bet maybe 5% of the haters have actually experienced vista (pre SP1 or even after SP1).

vista = windows 7 without the bad press. Same base coding with a tweak here or there (nothing having to do with the stability of the system).

In comparison to vista / windows 7, XP is veryyyyy outdated.

Quick Reply: Which web browser do you use?