New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Well it's bound to happen at some point.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Well it's bound to happen at some point.

As most of you know I work on custom splitters for all cars, not just s2000. Been doing it for close to 10 years. Need an opinion on what happened below.

Here’s the back story. Instagram
@kevin_sooperdcu2 placed an order for a set of custom TSX splitters last month. In 2 weeks he received the splitters. He said, he installed them and loves the way they came out, and loves my work, but the splitter rods were missing. I didn’t charge him for it but I told him my mistake didn’t realize he wanted them but I will send one out ASAP. He received it within a week but gave me hell for not overnighting them. Fine.

I told him I will make it up to him by giving him a discount on his next order. He placed his order on a small second layer splitter just to complement what he’s already got. Knowing how picky he was, I played it safe on the dimensions to make sure it fits on top of his splitter (which it does). When he received the item he said the splitter is incorrect, its 3” off on the side. The BACK SIDE that tucked all the way in the bumper. No one will ever see. Also, the wrap is incorrect (100% my fault).Woke up to a nasty text yesterday morning with him demanding a refund. I’m at fault on the second order so okay, I refunded his second order in full right away. But he said, no. he wants a FULL refund for everything!!!

Now, this is how I look at it. If he’s happy with the product (like he said), even bragging about it on Instagram, and refused to send them back to me, why ask for a FULL refund? Today, and this is a good one, I saw the incorrect item that he demanded he cannot use, the one I just refunded him on, was INSTALLED on his car!!!

Just to be fair, there is always 2 sides to every story, so feel free to check out his Instagram and see his side of the story.

Now please be honest here. No bullshit. Am I in the wrong here?

Last edited by S~Factor; 06-16-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:02 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Nevermind this guy Ray, it's the guys with 1000+ followers you gotta worry about, haha. You did the right thing. This is Steph_718 by the way.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is no product back in your possession then there is no money back in his pocket. That's pretty straight forward and standard practice for almost every company. If I sent him the incorrect turbo with the wrong inlet size, he does not get to keep the turbo even if it's bolted up to the manifold. I get my product back undamaged and he gets his money back.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

So you offered him a refund/discount? or he demanded a refund? Either way - To get a refund you must first return the product undamaged.
If / When this goes to court he will lose on that simple business premise.
You're good Ray. He caught splitter madness disease.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

What a loser, guys just trying to scam you out the refund. Guarantee it doesn't fit or look poorly made
Old 06-16-2017, 11:38 AM

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

its custom so no returns.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ur not amazon prime brother. No refund unless u get ur product back the way u sent it out.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can understand how he feels, but in reality he is just acting like an entitled little asshole. If he wants a full refund, he needs to take the parts off and send them back to you in good condition. Granted, you will have to eat that shipping charge, but he cannot have a full refund and get to keep the parts. He's gotten a free set of rods, free shipping, and a free second layer splitter....I think that's enough free shit for him. You have bent over backwards for every complaint he had, even if mistakes were made you still tried to appease his every request.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

no refund unless he returned all the stuff he bought. Some people really just want everything for free. Who is this idiot you speak of
Old 06-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Wow, he cannot expect to keep everything and get a full refund. I'd be wary, maybe he's a professional scammer.

Quick Reply: Well it's bound to happen at some point.