New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

WOW!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNJ,Apr 20 2009, 12:35 PM
Why would you drive your car in the rain?
you're off the guestlist for the next ice cream meet and drive
Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff is the man.

He did my brake pads and fluid and the car feels great... very clean work and moves like he was born with tools in his hands.

Great work!!!!

Andre
Old 04-20-2009, 09:09 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Apr 20 2009, 11:55 AM
Jeff is the man.

He did my brake pads and fluid and the car feels great... very clean work and moves like he was born with tools in his hands.

Great work!!!!

Andre
what kind of pads did he put on for you? Jeff was talking to me about race pads but i had to run out of there quickly.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear the car is running good Andy and I'm glad I was able to
help you out with the flywheel.

Jeff found a noise in my car too that no one else was able to find either. I had that noise
for like 3 years. Nothing worse then an annoying noise in your roadster. I finally gave up after awhile and causally mentioned it to Jeff one day. The next thing I know he's under my car. He's a good guy and a very good technician glad to see others are finding out what I have known for awhile.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacko,Apr 20 2009, 01:46 PM
Glad to hear the car is running good Andy and I'm glad I was able to
help you out with the flywheel.

Jeff found a noise in my car too that no one else was able to find either. I had that noise
for like 3 years. Nothing worse then an annoying noise in your roadster. I finally gave up after awhile and causally mentioned it to Jeff one day. The next thing I know he's under my car. He's a good guy and a very good technician glad to see others are finding out what I have known for awhile.
i think that noise was the whine from your supercharger. got rid of it by going turbo.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

lol I just noticed Jeff never posted a services thread ... that busy
Old 04-20-2009, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah that was another noise he helped me with.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNJ,Apr 20 2009, 01:09 PM
what kind of pads did he put on for you? Jeff was talking to me about race pads but i had to run out of there quickly.
Ferodo DS2500... ****ing amazing pads!!!! They hardly make any noise at all. Every once in a blue moon that make a small squeal coming to a slow stop at a light or stop sign, but it is very rare.

The dust is a little much, so I try to wipe down the wheels with a towel at least once a week, which isn't so bad. The weird that is that the rear create more dust than the fronts... doesn't make sense but it is what it is.

The stopping power is just insane... monster stopping power!!!! When it is cold out, you can feel that it requires a little more pedal power than OEM pads, but still more than enough grip to stop. When they are warm though, you better hold on... lol. They can take up to 1000 degrees, so you don't have to worry about pad fade.

Cheap - $186 for all four of them.

Andy... you should do it man... cheap and easy to replace after Jeff showed me how to do it.

Andre
Old 04-20-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

i just changed my rotors and pads. You should have seen my rotors, they were probably the original ones from 01. I might have to try out your car and see if i like the pads!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:15 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Apr 20 2009, 12:59 PM
Ferodo DS2500... ****ing amazing pads!!!! They hardly make any noise at all. Every once in a blue moon that make a small squeal coming to a slow stop at a light or stop sign, but it is very rare.

The dust is a little much, so I try to wipe down the wheels with a towel at least once a week, which isn't so bad. The weird that is that the rear create more dust than the fronts... doesn't make sense but it is what it is.

The stopping power is just insane... monster stopping power!!!! When it is cold out, you can feel that it requires a little more pedal power than OEM pads, but still more than enough grip to stop. When they are warm though, you better hold on... lol. They can take up to 1000 degrees, so you don't have to worry about pad fade.

Cheap - $186 for all four of them.

Andy... you should do it man... cheap and easy to replace after Jeff showed me how to do it.

Andre
So you can use them all the time? not just on the track?

How do the oe roters hold up with these pads?

I've never had any complaints about the oe pads, even at the track i hardly get into the ABS... (maybe i'm not driving hard enough).

Quick Reply: WOW!