New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

WTF MAN

Old 02-23-2009, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF MAN

I was having some carpentry work done at my house last week. At first the carpenters where set up in my driveway until it started to rain and they needed the garage so I moved my S and my civic to the street. They had to come back the next day so I just pulled the cars into the driveway thinking it would be easier for me in the morning to let them set up where they needed. I live in what I think is a nice quiet neighborhood on a very low traffic street with no reason to be on if you don't live here or visiting someone. It is kind of like a loop off another very low traffic residential street.

So that night I had some running around to do and took my truck. I was coming back home and noticed this black four door civic with a trashed body kit sitting up the block with there headlights off and foot on the brake. Thinking this was odd I pulled past my house and got out like I was going into another house. The black civic with its lights out rolled down the street and stopped in front of my house. At this point I knew what was up and jumped back in my truck to try and block them in. My motion detector comes on as a kid with a flash light walks up my driveway which makes him turn around and notices me flying down the block with no lights on. They jump in the car and take off. They run 2 stop signs and 2 red lights with me following them. They where headed for the highway and turned down the last block and pulled in front of a house. I thought to myself these jerks didn't lead me to there house did they? So I passed them and turned around and sat there waiting for them to do something. About 2 minutes later 2 guys fly out of the car and into the house they where parked in front of. When they went in the house I moved my truck to where they couldn't see me and waited a bit longer. During this time my wife calls me and tells me to come home she saw everything happen. At this point I had there license plate and I am sure that I have the address for at least one of the ass holes so I left.

I didn't call the cops but did come home and cleaned my garage at midnight to put my cars away so they would be there in one piece in the morning. I have always been a Honda fan. MY first car was a 91 EF HB that I still have. I stopped driving the civic years ago because I was scared to have it stolen. I got the S because I thought it would be a great fun car to have and now its like I am back to my civic days where it has to be guarded at al times so it doesn't get ****ed with. This is such bull shit that I am at the point that I am thinking of getting rid of the car because I don't want to be the next "they got me" post.

I wasn't going to share this until I read the post this morning when I read Ray Mac's post and it got me all pissed off again.

So is it worth me going out of my way to protect a car that in the last year I only put 1500 miles?

To those that read this forum for info on where there are S2000's to steal shit from. I am a firm believer in some people hustle and some get hustled it is every man for them self. But if I catch you in my driveway again you will regret it every step you take for the rest of your life because I do guarantee if I catch you there will be no cops unless you call them to have them stop me from smashing your knee caps with a base ball bat.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well put. I know the feeling...
Old 02-23-2009, 07:45 AM

Hopefully you got them thinking not to go near your house.

I dont know what i would do if i saw that.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 AM

atleast you know where they live. you should be ok, but i agree. it is total bs.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

where in Central Jersey do you live?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:52 AM

Received 799 Likes on 442 Posts

Why not file a police report? With a license plate, address and reasonable suspicion, perhaps they'll find something and get one or two scums off the street?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=Heyitsgary,Feb 23 2009, 11:52 AM] Why not file a police report?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the cops asking them questions my scare them enough to lay off though
Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls,Feb 23 2009, 12:00 PM
the cops asking them questions my scare them enough to lay off though
or it might get them pissed off and seek some sort of vengance.

better off not saying anything, and then if anything happens then deal with the police.

i would mark the seats somehow and take a picture of the marking.

if they steal your seats, first place u go is their house with the police
Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

after what happened to me... if that ever happened, like you described... i would have rammed them with my truck. props to you for remaining level headed.

Quick Reply: WTF MAN