New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

The YANKEES WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2003, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2000qtee
Old 10-07-2003, 03:37 PM

i'm in!
Old 10-07-2003, 04:32 PM

Maybe a little extra spice on the cake???

Like maybe nice digi photo post of the losers in their pretty little hats and winners eating cake or pie? :
Old 10-07-2003, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy you guys make things difficult typical New York - see what happens when a lawyer gets involved J/K Elliot

Ok, so after you guys lose the bet - you'll have to buy enough cheesecake for the NE guys & the desert should be served after the banquet on Saturday evening and while serving you guys will sing
Old 10-07-2003, 05:11 PM

oh man, this is getting exciting. not a big baseball fan, but nothing gets me going like a good ole' rivalry.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:49 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

In Re ALCS Dispute

(aka a minor problem for Boston before they play in the 2003 World Series)

RESOLUTION AND AGREEMENT

Whereas the Yankees suck, and

Whereas the good people of Boston know and believe the beloved Red Sox (aka Favorites, Good Guys and Heros) will be victorious over the Yankees (aka hired guns) in approximately 4, but no more than 7 games in the 2003 ALCS beginning October 8, 2003, and

Whereas the brainwashed, rabid fans of New York actually believe the Yankees are going to win said contest, and

Whereas the New England and Metro NY members of the S2Ki community (referred to herein as "local clubs") wish to enhance the ALCS sporting experience by agreeing in advance, under the circumstances discussed below, to compel one of the local clubs to purchase and wear the headware of the other local club's home team Major League Baseball franchise (ie Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees) and to also provide tasty desserts for the other local club, all to occur at Fall Colors, October 24, 25 and 26, 2003;

Now, therefore, the Local clubs do agree as follows:

1. The local club whose home team wins the 2003 ALCS shall be known as "The Champions."

2. The local club whose home team looses the ALCS shall be known as "The losers."

3. Each local club will designate below no fewer than 5 members who will be participants in this dispute.

4, The Losers shall and will, no later than Fall Colors 2003, purchase the League approved headware of The Champion's home team.

5. Except when wearing helmets, the Losers shall wear the Champion's above referenced headwear while in all public places.

6. The failure of any participant to comply with paragraph 5 above (excepting moments when changing from helmet back to cap, or wiping sweat from brow, or picking headware up after others knock it from the participants head, or going back to get said headware after the wind blows it off the participant's head) will result in the immediate requirement of that participant to sing the designated song of the Champion's home team.

7. The losers shall purchase and deliver to The Champions on Friday, October 24, 2003 at the Fall Colors Banquet, immediately following the main course, and in front of all those present and attending that event, 5 (five) Cheesecakes (if Metro NY is The Looser) or 5 (five) Boston Cream Pies (if - HA HA - Boston is The Looser).

8. This shall be the entire agreement between the local clubs.

Ok kids, let me know what needs to be changed. Otherwise, sign up below.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:03 AM

Oh my!

Well... I had some suggestions in the New England Forum for the wager... but now this is really getting OFFICIAL!

Singing is involved?!?

You guys know I'm in on this!

I had no idea this thread was here also... but bring it on NY!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:31 AM

The following are contract changes which need to be made:

RESOLUTION AND AGREEMENT

Whereas both parties hereto fervently believe that the home team of the other party sucks, , and

Whereas the good people of Boston know and believe the beloved Red Sox (aka Favorites, Good Guys and Heros) will be victorious over the Yankees (aka hired guns) in approximately 4, but no more than 7 games in the 2003 ALCS beginning October 8, 2003, and

Whereas the BETTER people of the New York Metro area (who never threw good tea in their harbor, thus resulting in the needless deaths and still births of numerous innocent sea creatures - and THEN tried to blame the whole event on the indians rather than accepting responsibility for their actions) (and who have REAL battleships in their harbor with MODERN guns, instead of some waterlogged wooden hulk - I think it is called the "Constitution??") (and who have decent, civilized and hospitable waitresses in their restaurants instead of a lowly bunch of table servers such as that found in some old dump of a place called Durgin Park in Faneuil Hall) (and who know how to properly pronounce words in the English language without sounding like a visitor from a foreign country) (and who know how to design streets so that traffic can actually flow through the city, instead of being directed in mindless circular patterns by one-way streets) (and who live in or near THE city, not just a city), are willing to allow the people of Boston to make fools of themselves by entering into this agreement to bet against the Champions of the World (AKA the Yankees) in four (or perhaps as many as seven if the Yankees are severely affected by partaking in too many of one of the favorite foods of the people of Boston -- BEANS) games in the ALCS beginning October 8th, 2003, and

Whereas the brainwashed, rabid fans of New York (Brainwashed ? NO WAY , and we are only a little rabid and it only shows at the time of full moons !!! Hopefully for Boston, there will not be a full moon during fall colors...) actually believe the Yankees are going to win said contest, and

Hey !! Boston !! You talking to me ?? I said, are you talking to me ??

Whereas the New England and Metro NY members of the S2Ki community (referred to herein as "local clubs") wish to enhance the ALCS sporting experience by agreeing in advance, under the circumstances discussed below, to compel one of the local clubs to purchase and wear the headware of the other local club's home team Major League Baseball franchise (ie Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees) and to also provide tasty desserts for the other local club, all to occur at Fall Colors, October 24, 25 and 26, 2003;

Now, therefore, the Local clubs do agree as follows:

1. The local club whose home team wins the 2003 ALCS shall be known as "The Champions."

2. The local club whose home team looses the ALCS shall be known as "The losers."

3. Each local club will designate below no fewer than 5 members who will be participants in this dispute.

4, The Losers shall and will, no later than Fall Colors 2003, purchase the League approved headware of The Champion's home team.

5. Except when wearing helmets, the Losers shall wear the Champion's above referenced headwear while in all public places.

6. The failure of any participant to comply with paragraph 5 above (excepting moments when changing from helmet back to cap, or wiping sweat from brow, or picking headware up after others knock it from the participants head, or going back to get said headware after the wind blows it off the participant's head) will result in the immediate requirement of that participant to sing the designated song of the Champion's home team.

7. The losers shall purchase and deliver to The Champions on Friday, October 24, 2003 at the Fall Colors Banquet, immediately following the main course, and in front of all those present and attending that event, 5 (five) Cheesecakes (if Metro NY is The Looser Ain't no way that this is happening !!! ) or 5 (five) Boston Cream Pies (if - HA HA - Boston is The Looser).

8. This shall be the entire agreement between the local clubs.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:59 AM

Helps having Eliot on our side I like that contract much better

and I am definitely in on this.....I am one of the "rabid" Yankee Fans described above and there will be nothing more pleasing to me as to win a fun bet like this
Old 10-08-2003, 07:05 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so for NY Metro the participants are:

turbo_pwr (Dan) confirmed
s2000qtee (Sophia) confirmed
PokS2k (Jim) ???
TriaXenginE (Allen) ???
Defender (Eliot) ???

Let me know if you are in or out.

Quick Reply: The YANKEES WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!