New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Finally caught up with Skip (Testut)

Old 10-20-2008, 08:42 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Finally caught up with Skip (Testut)

After many years on this forum, I finally met up with Skip at an autocross yesterday.

The day started out in heavy fog. Couldn't even see the course as I pulled in to Seneca Army Depot. Glen Region has a unique setup for the paddock that allows for great spectating. You could walk around to several vantage points and see most of the course. It made parking a little tight with 90+ competitors, but I felt more involved than I do at other events at SEAD. Skip and I were in the 1st run group, as well as a new S2000 CR. It was cool to see 3 S2000s gridded in the front row for the beginning of the event.

The course was a blast. It was a speed maintenance course that worked well for the S. I found myself in the revs in 2nd gear for most of the course. I liked the challenge of throttle modulation rather than a point and shoot course.

I had a raw time of 66.0, but unfortunately ticked over one cone. My best clean run was 66.7.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skip had a sway bar that never saw stress. I still have 4.5 lb exhaust that will get the sound guy jumping.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nickfromny,Oct 20 2008, 12:04 PM
Skip had a sway bar that never saw stress. I still have 4.5 lb exhaust that will get the sound guy jumping.
Yeah, I was talking to Skip about your exhaust. I don't think it will pass the FLR sound check.

Hard to pass up on the weight savings 'though.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:51 PM

Mark, it was great meeting you after seeing your name on the S2ki list for so long. I'll say one thing. For a Glen Region event, it was large and parking was definitely a premium. It didn't make it easy to wander about. Sorry you didn't hang around to join some of us who unwound in downtown Lodi after the event. We all needed the time.

Nick, you'll be pleased to know that I sold the Gendron over a year ago. I finally came to the realization that I was never going to install it and thought that someone else deserved the chance. BTW, are you selling your car piece by piece?! If so, I need a few lug nuts and want to know what you're asking
Old 10-20-2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Testut,Oct 20 2008, 06:51 PM
Mark, it was great meeting you after seeing your name on the S2ki list for so long. I'll say one thing. For a Glen Region event, it was large and parking was definitely a premium. It didn't make it easy to wander about. Sorry you didn't hang around to join some of us who unwound in downtown Lodi after the event. We all needed the time.

Nick, you'll be pleased to know that I sold the Gendron over a year ago. I finally came to the realization that I was never going to install it and thought that someone else deserved the chance. BTW, are you selling your car piece by piece?! If so, I need a few lug nuts and want to know what you're asking
I felt bad leaving before the trophies, but as it was, I didn't get home until 6:45.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger,Oct 20 2008, 07:01 PM
I felt bad leaving before the trophies, but as it was, I didn't get home until 6:45.
Mark,

I don't know if anyone hung around for the trophies. I was just saying "goodbye" to everyone when I saw you drive past. Hopefully, you and I can make it to a future Upstate event when Doug schedules one. Doug, keep a B & B in mind over the winter, will you?!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:40 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Testut,Oct 21 2008, 08:15 AM
Doug, keep a B & B in mind over the winter, will you?!
hear-hear!

Just a bit East of Roch, and I'm in for that.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by S2KNFR,Oct 21 2008, 07:40 AM
hear-hear!

Just a bit East of Roch, and I'm in for that.
East of Rochester is fine with me! Doug, are you listening??!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:26 AM

Skip,
How many lug nuts are you missing now? I do have one set of stock wheels with nuts that need a home. Powder coated dark Bronze. Come and get them.
Mark,
Passing sound check requires several well timed purchases of adult beverages and bad aim/timing of the sound control officer.
Nick
Old 10-22-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nickfromny,Oct 22 2008, 10:26 AM
How many lug nuts are you missing now? I do have one set of stock wheels with nuts that need a home. Powder coated dark Bronze. Come and get them.
Nick,

Just teasing you. Believe it or not I have a complete set of lugnuts, although a little bit of corrosion is starting to appear after 7 Upstate NY winters. As for wheels, I have 3 sets of extra wheels and don't need any additional, though the bronze color sounds appealing...

Quick Reply: Finally caught up with Skip (Testut)