New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Knapp Sporting Roadster Tour

Old 02-21-2013, 03:03 AM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
We will not be able to make it this year due to some commitments. May try to make it for the day if the BH crew is hosting a party and non-Knapp participants are welcome
Awesome Aashish! Hope you and JJ can make it!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize it's starting to get late in the season for everyone, but I won't be managing the Baldwin House this year. I've recently picked up a very time-demanding job (or two) in addition to my regular job and I don't have the time, or energy, to put into managing the Baldwin House.

In the same vein, we won't be attending the weekend at Knapp.

If someone else wants to step up and manage the house, you are most certainly welcome to do so and I'll pass the information for Barrie on.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:23 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Very
Sad
News
Old 03-16-2013, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Neutered Sputniks
I don't have the time, or energy, to put into managing the Baldwin House.
Hey no biggie, ya gota do what ya gota do...
We all appreciate all you2 have done in the past and your legacy will not be forgotten
Best of luck to you both with the changes your lives are going through
The event will go on, it will change, it will all be fine, but change is the only constant
I thank you for all the generosity you2 have shown over the years!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:37 PM

WARNING- to all those that stayed

at the Baldwin House in the past

and are attending in 2013

You need to find a hotel or B&B or some type of accommodations NOW!!!

As a motivator let me just say, the Glenora Run, 130+ cars, has already been filled for this year
This quick filling up of events is becoming more and more normal...
And the reality is, if you have not already booked a room, there are a crap load of people who already have
If you are signed up, get your housing reserved now!
If you have not signed up yet, I suggest you get weekend housing reserved ASAP,and then get your reservation for KSRT made quick
Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Neutered Sputniks
we won't be attending the weekend at Knapp.
Hey John, thanks for the update
I sent you an email
Old 03-16-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
WARNING- to all those that stayed

at the Baldwin House in the past

and are attending in 2013

You need to find a hotel or B&B or some type of accommodations NOW!!!

As a motivator let me just say, the Glenora Run, 130+ cars, has already been filled for this year
This quick filling up of events is becoming more and more normal...
And the reality is, if you have not already booked a room, there are a crap load of people who already have
If you are signed up, get your housing reserved now!
If you have not signed up yet, I suggest you get weekend housing reserved ASAP,and then get your reservation for KSRT made quick

ttt
Old 03-20-2013, 10:33 AM

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts

Start Planning for 2014

MG” Featured For 2014 US Vintage Grand Prix

The Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) has designated MG as its featured marque for their 2014 Glenora Wine Cellars, US Vintage Grand Prix, the weekend of September 5-7 at Watkins Glen, NY.

MG will also be the feature marque for the concurrent downtown Watkins Glen street festival. Plus the MG Vintage Racers have designated it as their "Focus Event" for 2014 - their planning on it has started already.

The all MG "Vintage Collier Cup" race for MGs in this event has been designated as the "Governor's Cup" feature race on Sunday. The “Collier Cup” race was established in 1985 by SVRA for just MGs. This event will be celebrating the 60th anniversary of the "Collier Brothers Memorial Trophy" race established in 1954 for MGs by the SCCA in memory of the MG racing Collier brothers Sam and Miles. Back in 2004, when the 50th anniversary of that race was celebrated here, 143 MGs came to race at Watkins Glen, and it was also a national gathering for the New England MG 'T' Register and the North American MGA Register. Another large turnout of MGs for this special event in 2014 is anticipated.

I will start forming my 4 man pit crew soon. Free admission. but you may need to contribute to the cost of the rented Winebago we (I) will be sleeping in.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:30 PM

^ And let me just add, whenever MG is the Featured Marque, ALL THE EVENTS fill up fast, very, very fast!!!

Mg is a popular brand, and as soon as people realize one event, such as Toure de Marque is filled, then the MG's spill over into all the other groups, and because typically MG's are convertibles, KSRT will fill up faster than all get out.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 AM

Received 682 Likes on 389 Posts

I will not be attending this year. my vacation days are very limited and this year is full of trips already.

Quick Reply: Knapp Sporting Roadster Tour