New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

My first pic attempt...help!

Old 05-22-2002, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first pic attempt...help!

Ok guys, first try at this, let me know if the res is ok and I'll post some more, including some of when I rolled....so I looked at teh gallery pag eof wrecked S's, what up with black S's that roll I feel like since I've done it myself... anyway, here's the pic, this was Spring of 2000, about 3 months after I got my S....

oh oh! couldn't get it to paste...help!

Thanks alot...

Bob
Old 05-22-2002, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Store the images in your profile's album (click on MyS2000 on the top banner, click on the Start Button (top left) and go into the Photo Album section). Then when you use the INSERT PHOTO selection when editing a message you can select it from your stored images.

A few steps but not hard...
Old 05-22-2002, 03:32 PM

Thanks Jeff, ok, let's try this again!

Now that's more like it! Easy as pie....

ok ok, Here's a pic of when I rolled, story to come....

Thanks for the Help Jeff....

Bob
Old 05-23-2002, 04:07 AM

Details! We want details!

They actually straightened the windshield frame??
Old 05-23-2002, 08:16 AM

Well I a couple of the pics
That one after the roll is a bit

I agree with Jeff, we want details, or at least a good story...
Old 05-23-2002, 08:34 AM

Hey guys....
Old 05-23-2002, 09:02 AM

Sorry about the last post, Xerox firewall puked on me, kicked out...

So the story goes...I get the car spring of 2000, I drive it everywhere, 12k miles from April 1st to October. I'm loving life! Well, enevidably, I had to put the car away for the winter. So I washed it up nice, cleared a great big area in teh garage, and left my S to slumber. But wait, what is this? a nice day in January. I've lived in Rochester for about 7 years, I'm no stranger to this....I'll just take my S out for a little trip around the block...now that felt good! couple weeks go by, same story, starting to get that "itch".

So the first weekend in Feb 2001, the weather was outstanding! My girlfriend and I had nothing planned and were geting cabin fever pretty bad. It was about 50 degrees or so in Webster (where I lived at the time). Having taken my S out 2x the past few weeks, I was feeling pretty brave. no more of this 5 miles just to warm it up stuff, nope, we are going to cruise a bit today.... watch out now, I get dumber and dumber as the story goes on....

So I head down Jackson to Atlantic road, out to 350 N and up to Lake road. By now I've gotten used to car again (or so I thought) and the day is starting to egg me on. Aimee (my girlfriend) who had never ridden in the car before, was loving it! faster faster!! hindsight

We headed W toward webster park, a few cars, little bit of traffic, a section I've done many many times before, feeling good...

Decide to pull off teh road and make some "space" between me and the car in front. Oh yeah, gonna impress the girl! dumbass, there I said it, you don't have to... I jump out into the road, 4krpm, 6krp, 9krpm, shift, the ass end loses all grip but with my foot down it quickly returns , Aimee is all smiles! in an instant I make the call to keep pushing. (isn't foreshading such an evil evil thing when you know the ending... I'm doing about 60 and prepping for the real hilly curvy section....

I have a loose left up hill followed by a hard rioght as I crest. In teh left hand portion I lose my footing (tire grip that is) and realise... I'm in trouble... I hold it together up and over the crest, but the turn is too sharp. The ass swings around, I'm headed backwards down the hill I manage a straight track, but at the bottom of the hill, alas, a hard left (but since I'm travelling backwards, I would have needed to turn the wheel to the right. I hit an embankment at the turn. Between my screams of thank god and oh shit, we stop for a second, ass in the air about 45 degrees, but stationary. My brain starts to quantify just how badly I've damaged my rear axel etc.. but wait.... Teh embankment gives, and at a slow and agonizing pace we roll over the passenger side back onto the road.

Aimee is a wreck, I'm simply in shock. We crawl out the drivers window and wait for police, Aimee was already on the phone with 911.

The police came..... I get slapped with a ticket for crossing a double yellow, and a police report that hands me my butt. I had to watch them flip the car back over... I never want to see the under side of my car again....

Aimee has a slight concusion from falling out of her seat when she undid the seatbelt, I don't have a scratch on me.

The cop drives us home, what a long ride....

The next day I went to see my S, hence the pic you see above...

Agaisnt my better judgement I took the car to Smith auto in Webster. My feelings on teh job are extremely mixed. Take a look...

4 montsh later, and lots of problems with small paint defects, and a top that just wouldn't align, I got the car back....To answer your question about the windsheild, the cut the old one out at teh frame junction point (infront of the door hing) and welded in a compelte new one. Honda said they are one shot items...that's it.

I'll have to scan some more of the pics so you can see more of the work. All in all, a year later now spring of 2002, I am still in love with the car, Aimee doesn't like it when I screw around now, but I still drive hard. No more courageous winter driving, or 140+ mph runs for me, at least not on the roads. Which is why I started getting into the Glen. I still have the thirst, just want the right place to do it...

So that's it... that's my story....

Hope you liked it....

Bob
Old 05-23-2002, 09:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drvitlikustolit
[B]To answer your question about the windsheild, the cut the old one out at teh frame junction point (infront of the door hing) and welded in a compelte new one.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:13 PM

Damn that's scary! I used to live in Webster (Creek st.) and I know exactly where you're talking about. I used to be firefighter for West Webster and that "fun spot" on Lake Rd is notorious for young kids learning the limits of their cars. (I'm not lumping you into that category.)

BTW Bob, what building at Xerox do you work in? I work at the City Centre, 875.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:18 AM

[QUOTE]Well, "like" is relative.

Quick Reply: My first pic attempt...help!