New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

New Euro Civic Concept

Old 08-22-2008, 05:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aashish2,Aug 21 2008, 03:53 PM
But again Doug, this is the Euro Civic and may not make it here state side. I still think the CR-Z will be developed and marketed as a separate hot-hatch hybrid.

I agree that the euro civic is not awe-inspiring but kind of like the way it looks. Us Americans are used to bigger civics so I'm sure this will be one of those cars we will never have.
Wow, cool, I was having heart palpatations there for a minute.

Now, to critique the new Civic look knowing it ain't my CR-Z dumbed down, I think it has a lot of great characteristics. I like the nose, a little less edgy than the CR-Z but somewhat alike in character.

Overall of course, as soon as I read three versions I get thrilled for the chance it might carry over to CR-Z. They mention normal gas, hybrid with IMA, and Type R!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Aug 21 2008, 03:52 PM
Is the rag top a true 2 seater?
Sure looks it to me.
And note, piss me off, the seats in it are better than the seats in the S!
Notice the slot in the seat back at neck height, this is for harness belts, which cannot be used on a stock S2000 seat.

VERY NICE!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2,Aug 22 2008, 06:44 AM
Its my pleasure. I can spend all day and any day talking about Honda. Most times people get bored.
You then have come to the right place.
You, me, and Ellen can talk Honda all day long!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Aug 22 2008, 08:01 AM
Now that I have seen this...
I don't like the wagon any more
They are indeed different.
With all those ugly Yaris things in various configurations crawling around, it's about damn time Honda gets these things over here.
Sometimes Honda makes me f'ing crazy for not getting product over here.
The Beat would be one example, of course not to mention Civic Type-R

BTW- The Wagon still looks way cooler
Old 08-22-2008, 05:34 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

after a meeting at work yesterday, I asked two ladies that work with me how much they like their new Honda Fit's.

They told me about how much they like it for the storage space etc. One of them also said her husband likes borrowing her Fit when he goes golfing because he likes the space factor so much more than his old VW jetta. They asked me if I would get one, and my response was that I would provided they built a Fit Si. Now that would be a real HOT hatch.

An uncle of mine owns a Honda Beat back in India, and I can vividly remember the first time he let me drive it. It was an amaaaazing feeling. My first ever experience in a 2-seater.

Here are some specs for the City from Honda's Indian website

http://www.hondacarindia.com/City/Pe...technical.aspx

PS: Jenson Button is P3 in the second friday practice. I'm elated. Will Valencia see Honda on the podium yet again. Actually I dont care as long as its not a McLaren. I despise Ron Dennis and how McLaren cheated last year.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Aug 22 2008, 09:21 AM
Notice the slot in the seat back at neck height, this is for harness belts, which cannot be used on a stock S2000 seat.

VERY NICE!!!
VERY NICE INDEED!!!

I would SOOOOOOO love to have a harness in the car! After 6 times at NH I am now at the limit of my equipment... street tires and brakes, and no seat harness.

So I get 4 more times at the Glen before I hit that limit? Going to need to new front tires before October there I think Can't be as expensive as the rears were at least

And, for the Honda nuts...

http://www.hondanews.com/categories/1097/releases/4665

this is a LONG read, I am only half done but thought a couple people might be interested, a talk from Dick Colliver.

Sorry you can't make it Saturday. We'll probably do another drive Sept 20 in the Albany area... that's my only non S weekend until October
Old 08-22-2008, 05:39 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2,Aug 22 2008, 09:34 AM
after a meeting at work yesterday, I asked two ladies that work with me how much they like their new Honda Fit's.
From the point of view of an S owner, I love my Fit. Doesn't look like a crappy econobox, geared for decent acceleration with the 5-speed, handles very well for it's class, tons of room, decent mileage, and police generally don't pay attention to it.

(I also added 5% tint to the back windows since I took this shot)

JonasM
Old 08-22-2008, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2,Aug 22 2008, 09:34 AM
PS: Jenson Button is P3 in the second friday practice. I'm elated.
Holy crap!!! What happened!? I have that taped, was going to watch it live but have spent to much time posting here

The Beat is a VERY cool little car! Has a HUGE following and community overseas. A Beat is on my list of cars I would really love to have someday... after I win mega bux probably
Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 AM

Jonas has a VERY nice Honda collection

Even though Anika thinks Silverstone is prettier than Sebring
Old 08-22-2008, 05:52 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by JonasM,Aug 22 2008, 05:39 AM
From the point of view of an S owner, I love my Fit. Doesn't look like a crappy econobox, geared for decent acceleration with the 5-speed, handles very well for it's class, tons of room, decent mileage, and police generally don't pay attention to it.
(I also added 5% tint to the back windows since I took this shot)

JonasM
Sweeet!! thats all I can say.

I play this game called GT on the Wii, and the only Honda's that I've used so far are the Fit & the S.

Quick Reply: New Euro Civic Concept