New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Next Upstate Run (PICS)

Old 11-08-2004, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Abhi, me thinks you should have followed me after we got off of the Thruway.

It would be safe to say my route was much quicker, and more fun as I had already stopped, parked car, wandered into the store, got a 12-pack, paid for it, and walked out to my car when you showed up...

Old 11-08-2004, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Doug, great run and an excellent route!

Remember the state trooper we briefly picked up on the thruway? I thought for sure he was gonna pick us off for no plates or at least a warning. I looked over as he was passing me and he was laughing his ass off, the only thing I can think of is he got a kick out of my lic plate. Just a guess but it seems reasonable, if that's the case I think "NO TORQ" saved one or more of us a ticket!!
Old 11-08-2004, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Daveg27,Nov 8 2004, 09:29 AM
Hey Doug, great run and an excellent route!
Nobody can say I don't know my backyard...
Thanks Dave, it is always a pleasure to put on a drive because you guys really show your appreciation. And as long as I keep getting lucky with things like not having a lunch plan but suspected we would find a little place in Hammondsport and taking East Lake Road and it did not become dirt...

Now that is too darn funny about your plate and the cop potentially reacting to it. I also have to say, I love the FRS for this very reason. I was already slow and in the right lane (thanks to John and his call) by the time I could even see the cop. Without the FRS I would still have been in the left lane doing all of 75.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:59 AM

I'm glad the weather held out for you guys...we had great weather here on Saturday - I was even out top down!

Sadly, I think that is it for '04.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:15 PM

Marco, I'm afraid you are right, I took mine out and gassed it up last night just in case...

John, thanks for this pic, I should have gotten one from the outside. I was going on nothing but memory, I was sure there was a little deli there but was not sure. I have to say, the day was nearly perfect.

Old 11-08-2004, 01:49 PM

Doug, you certainly have a large back yard... heh heh.

Yeah, that cop on the thruway was scary. I few miles before I saw him, I was going triple-digit speeds, trying to catch up with you guys. Had a freaking-ass Tiburon tail me too... Then, I had to slow down because of more traffic. After going slow for a while, I saw the cop. When I drove past him, I saw him pull out of the median. I said to my bro, he didn't have radar or laser (detector didn't go off), and I was going about 65, so we should be safe. So when he slowly drove past me on the left lane, I radioed to everyone that he was coming up on you guys...
Old 11-09-2004, 04:15 AM

John, and once again I have to say, everytime you spoke your transmission was clear. I really think some of the guys with older FRS ought to ask for newer ones for christmas...

I just discovered this web site and am dying to use it.

http://www.pricegrabber.com
Old 11-09-2004, 01:27 PM

john, are those pics from your new camera? D70 right?
Old 11-09-2004, 01:38 PM

Yes they are Val.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:42 PM

Yep, also the 10/23 drive pics are also taken using the D70. Those pics are here:

http://jht.dynip.com/john/photo/s2000_meet_102304/

Quick Reply: Next Upstate Run (PICS)