New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

OPINIONS NEEDED: when/what for our 1st official Upstate Meet

Old 04-19-2002, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK- I can't drag my feet any longer, I now have a car and I am so ready to start putting faces to you wonderful people.

We need to set a date, a time, a place for our 1st Official Upstate Forum Get Together. I'm open to ideas, so let's start sharing ideas and make a plan.

I'm thinking we sort of need to be location friendly so we can get something central enough to get lots of people out.

Now if you want to have a planning meeting I vote for something at The Cannonball Pub, Wyoming, on Rt 19.

Here is membership list to date:
And if I have missed you, just add yourself in!
BCentee, Cooperstown, NY
Daveg27 & evil girl, Macedon, NY
diskoe, Webster, NY
drvitlikustolit, Rochester, NY
Eric N, Beaver Dams, NY
FCGuy, Rochester, NY
GreddySiRacing, Mendon, NY
jguerdat, Rochester, NY
jlangton, Fairport, NY
joey, Buffalo & Rochester, NY
JSfetko, Pittsford, NY
Mossien, Pittsford, NY
NNY s2k, Plattsburgh, NY
paS2K, Narberth, PA
ReedZ, Near West Point
SUis1, Endicott, NY
S2KFun, Rochester, NY
takanezawa, Albany, NY
tea-man, Hamburg, NY
testut, Ithaca, NY
Triple-H, Honeoye Falls, NY
Old 04-19-2002, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about this Sunday at RIT around 8am? That's the first auto-x of the season. I know a few S2K's will be there.

Wow, I didn't know there were that many S2Ks around here. I saw a nice silver one today in Pittsford on 31. Exchanged flashy lights
Old 04-19-2002, 10:47 AM

Doug,

A meeting at the Cannonball Pub sounds great. I'm all for it.

As for the list, it seems to me you're missing that fellow from the Pittsburgh (PA) area. Sorry, but I can't remember his user name, but I seem to remember that a couple of months ago he said he was interested in joining us.

Although I won't be at RIT this Sunday, I expect a full blow by blow description of the results after the day is over. B-Stock should be well represented.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:53 AM

Dave- have a blast! I'm sure you will see several of the clan there! I will be missing, I'm going home to Mom & Dad's to start building my hardtop stand and to install some of the parts that are sitting on my living room floor.

I'm thinking we need an event that can be shared by all, scheduled sometime later in the month or the early May so people who live farther away can plan ahead. I was thinking of a lunch get together someplace so we can all sit and chat and then a nice ride somewhere.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:58 AM

Originally posted by Testut
As for the list, it seems to me you're missing that fellow from the Pittsburgh (PA) area.
Got it in there now, thanks for the reminder!
Old 04-19-2002, 11:42 AM

I'm thinking we need an event that can be shared by all,
Yea, I know. My response was kind of tongue in cheek, as strange as it seems not everyone buys these cars to go racing!

Count me and Val in for any lunch get together in the Rochester or surrounding areas.
Old 04-19-2002, 05:54 PM

I'll cast another vote for the Cannonball Pub. I've always wanted to visit, but never got around to it. Maybe we'll run into Brock Yates while we are there.
Old 04-19-2002, 06:58 PM

Received 5,011 Likes on 3,029 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eric N
[B]I'll cast another vote for the Cannonball Pub.
Old 04-20-2002, 06:57 AM

It's sat. morning, 11am (4-20-02) This thread sparked my interest in the Cannonball Pub...going to leave in about an hour from the Buffalo area to check it out.....anyone in the area, maybe we can meet up...my cell is 570-1794...if you care to contact me....sorry about the short notice..but I have the itch for a country drive!!! Pat
Old 04-20-2002, 08:18 AM

Normally I would jump at the chance Pat! But after 800 miles in the past 3 days, I have got to get my car washed!!! The only reason I got the post is because I came into work to check my e-mail and pull something of the web, and yup, I figured I would check the forum.

If we set up a date before or after One Lap of America (5/3/02 - 5/11/02) I can call Brock and try to set something up. We (as in GVC BMW CCA) have a line of communication with him because we sponsor a couple of cars in the One Lap Race. In fact, one of our members frequently wins 1st in his class.

[And as a side note, this same individual is the one who is working to sort out the suspension on my S2000. We both agree the degree of rotation the rear offers up when really not loaded or under hard throttle is a bit more than it should be. As I have more data, it will be shared. 1st thing is to get the X-brace and then have the suspension settings modified to new settings.]

Quick Reply: OPINIONS NEEDED: when/what for our 1st official Upstate Meet