New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Powdercoating in the area?

Old 12-10-2002, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug
Have you gotten any further in you deciding whether you were going to do this or not?
I just ran across this pic and I LOVE the way it looks. Definitely considering it now myself, but interested in your results.
I always said I was a big fan of how 18's look on our car, but after seeing this: it would be cheaper, smoother ride and imo gives the S a nice aggressive look after you lower it a little.

Old 12-10-2002, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

James, thanks for the pic! Always a pleasure to read from you. The grey is the way I want to go. Although I have always done black in the past, I think dark grey this time.

Here is where I stand. I have bought a new set of used OEM wheels that are in nearly perfect shape. I have yet to get them in my hands but will be doing so after the crazy holidays. I will then pick the best 4 and keep them for the street. I will use the worst 4 for track tires. The 4 that get used for the street are the ones I'm going to get painted. I say painted because I have more choices in shades of grey and the center caps can be painted to match. The powdercoating will not do the plastic center caps and then I would not get a color match, and I do want a color match.

I agree, the bigger tires/wheels look cool, but all along I have hoped to keep this car as close to stock as I can handle. My CRX-Si ended up getting so tricked out it became a pain in the kidneys to drive on the streets.

I have already started asking around about wheel painting and I may very well have it done at MAC'S II. Ken Gan is a friend of the BMW club and so far I have had good luck there.

As soon as I get my wheels I will get going on this, but now I wait for the holidays to pass.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:55 AM

keep us posted on what you do......i myself love the look of that car and am going to look into getting the wheels powdercoated gunmetal. really looks good with contrast of the silver cap.
Plus i like the idea of really not doing anything other than lowering it a bit and maybe getting a front lip. It looks aggressive and very classy, yet retains a very nice stock look (except for the huge cans i have coming out of the back)
it will be nice having everyone think that really nothing was done except lowering it and putting a big exhaust on it......especially when i leave them all behind .......did i mention that i have recently picked up my supercharger, it is sitting in the garage with the car right now awaiting installation.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:27 AM

Supercharger. Too cool. You will have the most tricked out S in the area I'm sure!

As soon as I get my wheels I will get to work on this, and yup, I will be posting.

Everytime I look at that pic I realize how good our wheels actually are. I just need them colored so I don't look like everybody else out there.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by Triple-H
Everytime I look at that pic I realize how good our wheels actually are. I just need them colored so I don't look like everybody else out there.
Couldn't of said it better myself.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:33 PM

but yours wil look like mine....

well only sort of, I will have grey centers and black lug nuts.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]
Old 12-10-2002, 06:00 PM

hmm I know of a guy in buffalo that does it.. very cheap too.. and a VERY nice job... lemme find some contact info..
Old 12-11-2002, 02:22 AM

YUCK! YUCK!! YUCK!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 04:02 AM

Tom, I owe you a free beer at the first get together if you find the contact info, thanks!

James, don't let jguerdat get to ya, it is his grumpy old man persona coming out, and remember, this is the guy who rationalized he did not want a hardtop because it would make the Spa Yellow S2000 look like a taxi cab.

I ain't never seen a taxi cab look this cool.....

Quick Reply: Powdercoating in the area?