New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Q for people storing their cars ......

Old 01-11-2005, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jan 11 2005, 02:20 PM
How does that saying go about people who live in glass houses?
Still driving my S2000 year 'round through the slush and snow as MY ONLY CAR (Until I win the lottery and buy an Aston Martin; Now THERE'S a winter rat!).

BTW, Doug, you were right. Those Dunlop Graspics are fantastic. I've been going in snow that last year would have hung me up to dry. They're not great on wet roads above 35 F, but they are incredible at low temperatures in snow, on ice, or through freezing snow melt. In short, I'm convinced!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:23 PM

Fill it up with gas.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:51 AM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jan 11 2005, 04:26 PM
Congrats on the Voodoo. Did you get the regular or the magnum?
Regular size without the markings. It surprised me how nice it looked under the light (before I put it on the car). Do you know where i could get a shift pattern plate to attach to the console? I know someone on this board has done it but I can't recall who.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conedodger,Jan 11 2005, 12:44 PM
Hey Jeff G.! When are you getting a truck? It seems to be the thing to have among S2000 owners.
Ummm...Yo'mamma!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Jan 12 2005, 05:51 AM
#1- Regular size without the markings. It surprised me how nice it looked under the light (before I put it on the car).

#2- Do you know where i could get a shift pattern plate to attach to the console? I know someone on this board has done it but I can't recall who.
#1- Voodoo quality is very high, however it is aluminum, so it will get sort of cloudy looking after a while from fine little scratches if you got the polished finish. If you got one of the pearl finishes they seem to last for a very very long time! I went with the polished because I wanted mine to look like a chrome Ferrari knob, and every so often I buff the hell out of it and bring it back to a full mirror finish.

#2- Get in you trusty Ranger and drive to the nearest Acura dealer. Go to the parts department, explain what you want, have them pull it up on their computer and then just order that paticular part number. Still confused? Let me guess, you have not sat in an NSX lately.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Testut,Jan 11 2005, 06:42 PM
In short, I'm convinced!
Well Skip I'm happy to hear that, I know for a fact I was very impressed when I put them onto Mom's Outback.

So - what sneakers were you running in the winter in years past on the S?

Oh, and here is what I suggest for your beater next year...

Old 01-12-2005, 05:01 AM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jan 12 2005, 08:26 AM

#2- Get in you trusty Ranger and drive to the nearest Acura dealer. Go to the parts department, explain what you want, have them pull it up on their computer and then just order that paticular part number. Still confused? Let me guess, you have not sat in an NSX lately.
Sad to say but I've never sat in a NSX. Nearest Acura dealer to me is in Burlington Vt. I'm wondering if my local Honda dealer can get me the part in question. We a having another ice storm up here today, maybe tomorrow I will check with the parts dept. at the local Honda dealership to see if they can get it.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:13 AM

The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is if that little badge was on every model year or not. What you might have better luck doing is calling the Acura dealer, have them give you the part number and then order it from your Honda dealer, I'm just not sure if the Honda dealer has the Acura database or if it is all web based and they can lg into it anytime.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:19 AM

Or do a google for Acura Parts, pick one of the links and call them up. It seems lots of places will ship parts right to your door. Here is just one of many...

http://www.acuraparts247.com/
Old 01-13-2005, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jan 12 2005, 08:29 AM
So - what sneakers were you running in the winter in years past on the S?

Oh, and here is what I suggest for your beater next year...
I was running Yokohama Guardex 600s. They ran quite well, actually, but were a "performance" snow tire, a snow tire speed-rated higher than regular snow tires and which require a compromise in their snow/ice handling abilities. Their big problem, however, was that they were old (5 full seasons of use) and were losing their ability to grip. Still, I managed to get through the winters with little difficulty. Regardless, the Graspics are a better tire for MY PURPOSES because they are a "full fledged" snow tire and so far have gotten me out of trickier situations (i.e., my driveway) than the Yokos ever could (Charlie's Towing will have to be content to earn his money at The Glen, now).

I share Jeff G's opinion of trucks. If/when I cross to the dark side ("winter rat" owning, not buying a Berlina, Matrix), I would be more likely to buy a heavy, comfortable sedan as befitting a person in my stage of life.

Quick Reply: Q for people storing their cars ......