New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Road Trip!

Old 09-22-2011, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too love the wheels!!!

But then again, I'm biased.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 130 Likes on 90 Posts

so jelous, i was just complaining to my girlfriend last night that i've only done 6kmi this entire summer on the car and only 3k on the bike. I wish i had 2 weeks just to drive!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 AM

Received 468 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1316691898' post='20994712
And I still love the 1st stpry you shared about the poor Miata owner
Funny note for today...

Had a Miata owner come up to me in Grand Teton Park and ask if we had towed the S from NY behind a motor home.

His Miata was at home. He and his wife were touring in a dually diesel. Their 5th wheel was down at the campground. He looked jealous when I said we drove the whole way, top down!

We got a lot of comments and jealous looks from people that saw that we were touring in the S2000.

Thanks for sharing the pics, yours were better than mine. Especially the wild life. I only got to see some elks.

I am curious: How many S's did you see on your trip? Aside from the forty that were at S2K Days in Keystone, SD (Mount Rushmore) in 5150 miles of driving I only saw two. One in Glenwood Springs, CO and one in Missouri on the way home.

Those bugs out west are something. When I got home I took my S to a high pressure wand type car wash to get the collection off of the radiator. There was NO WAY that my garden hose was going to make a difference.

P.S. I like you vanity plate.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:39 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Thanks for sharing the pics, yours were better than mine. Especially the wild life. I only got to see some elks.

I am curious: How many S's did you see on your trip? Aside from the forty that were at S2K Days in Keystone, SD (Mount Rushmore) in 5150 miles of driving I only saw two. One in Glenwood Springs, CO and one in Missouri on the way home.

Those bugs out west are something. When I got home I took my S to a high pressure wand type car wash to get the collection off of the radiator. There was NO WAY that my garden hose was going to make a difference.

P.S. I like you vanity plate.
We did not see more than a couple of S2000s. I'm amazed that we didn't see any from S2K Days. Saw tons and tons of Mustangs! They had a meet in Sturgis while we were in South Dakota.

The Bugs were disgusting! I wasn't planning on washing the car during the trip, but ended up at a DIY pressure wash bay twice to get the bugs off the bumper. (Found a nice one in Montana with hot water that took a credit card, so I didn't have to deal with quarters. ) Still not sure how I am going to get them all out of the radiator. Not sure I want to hit it with high pressure.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for sharing your pics! I did my first long drive in the S after FC a couple years ago...from Pittsburgh to SW Montana and back. Mt Rushmore was one of my overnite stops en route.

This was a solo trip and no I need to talk my +1 into joining me to visit cousins in Bozeman MT area.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 375 Posts

Wow, great photos!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:00 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K
This was a solo trip and no I need to talk my +1 into joining me to visit cousins in Bozeman MT area.
I thought the trunk was so full that it would control my wife's spending. She bought jewelry!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:49 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I have mentioned the trunk size to my wife too. She just said not to worry they ship packages every day.

Nice trip BTW
Old 09-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Received 468 Likes on 277 Posts

I thought the trunk was so full that it would control my wife's spending. She bought jewelry!

Reminds me of the joke about a Mother explaining to her teenage daughter what she saw when she walked in on her parents.... PM me if you wish to learn the punch line.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
I think the AP2 V3 wheels look awesome on the car. Don't let Ellen or me near it
SMUCK I did not even notice until you pointed it out

I'm happy for now only payin' for 16" tires thank you vera much

I needs all the money I can stock pile

The photos and scenery are gorgeous! Looks like a great trip. The mountain goat is adorable, I want to pet him

Quick Reply: Road Trip!