New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

TRACK DAYS AT Watkins Glen (July 8 & 9) with SCDA

Old 04-12-2013, 04:49 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Posted information in New England and Metro too.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:54 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

[attachment=37248:WG_2011_s2000b.jpg][attachment=37247:WG_2011_s2000a.jpg]Maybe I can do a little car clinic for the S2000 guys and we can do some car setup tips and I can show some track video to help with the track lines. This can be some very valuable info that is not readily apparent as you circle the track and its hard to learn on your own (almost impossible).

I did a session last year with Pete Artsinger and he shaved about 6 secs off my lap times !. Pete's father was one of the guys who helped design Watkins and Peter is on track about 300 days a year, so he knows his way around the track. That was the best $150 I ever spent, better than all the mods on the car and if this guy is ever available at any track event you attend, do not hesitate to hire him !

Lastly - I believe the first time I met the gang from Upstate S2ki was at WG in 2011 - attached are a few shots of the gang in the Pits - I think it was Jeff and Mark ??
Attached Thumbnails TRACK DAYS AT Watkins Glen (July 8 & 9) with SCDA-wg_2011_s2000a.jpg   TRACK DAYS AT Watkins Glen (July 8 & 9) with SCDA-wg_2011_s2000b.jpg  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:07 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
SCDA is conducting a track day at Watkins Glen on July 8th and 9th.

Featured Marque for the event is Chevrolet, however SCDA has offered S2000 owners the following proposal.

- SCDA will provide a discount on the 1 day event. Regular price is $295. Signing up as part of the group, the price is $265.50. No early-bird discount is available if signing up for one day only.
- SCDA will also provide a discount for those signing up for 2 days. Regular price is $545. With the discount it will be $490.50
- Two hours of track time per day (four 30 minute sessions) provided conditions allow for it
- Classroom instruction for Track day rookies
- In-car instructor for all rookie participants and others in the Novice class
- Although SCDA says their website requires a rollbar, they do allow the S2000 in stock trim to participate. I have in the past as have several others.

SCDA is offering early-bird pricing on the two-day event only at this time. However the deadline for that price is May 8. If you decide to go with the group, then you have the benefit of an extended deadline by when you can pay and also receive the 10% discount.

Details are as follows:
- A minimum of 5 S2000 owners must be part of the group in order to receive the discount. If we can't get 5, then SCDA will not be able to offer us the discount.
- If you are interested, please post here and separately via PM send me your
1) Full Name
2) E-mail Address
3) Phone Number
- SCDA will need the above to raise a single invoice to all of us. The discounted rate is available to us only if we make one lump-sum payment and I will collect the funds from all interested S2000 owners (Details on how will follow).
- All PM's received by the May 5th, 2013 will be added to a list and referred to SCDA so that they can invoice us.
- Once SCDA has raised the invoice, all payments (in full) must be made to me by June 10th, following which I will send SCDA a bankers check for our entries.
- Any and all cancellations after payment has been made will have to be dealt with directly with SCDA. The SCDA cancellation Policy is as follows:
Cancellation Policy: All SCDA events are offered on a first come, first served basis. Our events run rain or shine. There will be a $25 processing fee for any entry that is refunded. Cancellations within two weeks of the event date forfeit half the total amount. No shows on the day of the event, as well as cancellations within one week of the event date forfeit the total amount. No refunds will be issued, and events are not transferable.

PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with SCDA nor am I the recipient of any cash or reward from them. I am just a track day enthusiast that would like to see a big group of S2000s hitting the track.

I can vouch for A2 on this one because I spoke with Ian about the deal that was agreed upon to give the S2000 guys a little break on their track time and he clear about the price that was offered. All the money will go right to SCDA
Old 04-12-2013, 05:10 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

^ Thanks much Greg

Ian really opened up once he talked to you and realized that I was serious about running this thing.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should be able to grab another pop up tent or two to bring with me, I will most likely be towing mine in a trailer, so I will be bringing ample tools and fluids so that may lighten the load on some other guys! Paul I will keep me updated, my wife may go and explore some vineyards, but not sure exactly what the plans are just yet.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:53 AM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by pgss2k
Originally Posted by A 2' timestamp='1365717695' post='22468036
It appears the wine festival is going to be held July 12-14
http://www.theglen.com/articles/2012/07/07272012.aspx

That is good for us as it will mean that garages should be available.

EDIT: Paul, it looks like Mike (Mongo) will be travelling nearly the same distance as you. Perhaps you guys could share a room. The Budget Inn is where I've stayed when going on track at WGI
I think that the garage areas are down the week before and after the wine festival. Don't quote me on that, but I think that is what I remember from past events there.
No garages, already confirmed that with Ian
Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

^ Mark - are you on board?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by s200059
[attachment=37248:WG_2011_s2000b.jpg][attachment=37247:WG_2011_s2000a.jpg]Maybe I can do a little car clinic for the S2000 guys and we can do some car setup tips and I can show some track video to help with the track lines. This can be some very valuable info that is not readily apparent as you circle the track and its hard to learn on your own (almost impossible).

I did a session last year with Pete Artsinger and he shaved about 6 secs off my lap times !. Pete's father was one of the guys who helped design Watkins and Peter is on track about 300 days a year, so he knows his way around the track. That was the best $150 I ever spent, better than all the mods on the car and if this guy is ever available at any track event you attend, do not hesitate to hire him !

Lastly - I believe the first time I met the gang from Upstate S2ki was at WG in 2011 - attached are a few shots of the gang in the Pits - I think it was Jeff and Mark ??
Yup, that was Jeff and I, great time!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 AM

Aashish, not sure yet for a couple of reasons.

First and foremost, my coworker is on vacation through the 8th and since its just him and I that support 2 buildings, I have to see if my boss would be ok with neither of us being there on that day.

Also, I think I'm going to run at NH on June 3 and make sure the car is good before making the trek to WGI.

As soon as I know about work, I'll post up here either way.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I normally would be all over this, but I had an incident at Watkins Glen last year. Just please be careful and safe.

And if it rains or you're just not comfortable in general, don't go out for a session. Watkins Glen is not forgiving. The walls are right there next to the track. And the best track day is a track day where you can drive your car back home. Be safe!

Quick Reply: TRACK DAYS AT Watkins Glen (July 8 & 9) with SCDA