New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Weight Loss Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I successfully lost 30 lbs in 5 weeks on MediFast..IT WORKS!! http://www.medifast1.com Im the biggest skeptic out there and I was amazed by it..I'm not trying to sell it or anything I just want to pass it along to people. If you can afford it and deal with the type of food that it is, you will lose weight..WARNING..Medifast isn't a lifestyle changing diet..Its fast and effective and will get you to the weight you want to be..TRUST ME.. its a very strict calorie reducing type of diet..please read the website carefully especially if you have health issues..It literally burns the fat out of you. Once you are off of it, you have to change your eating habits to a more healthy way..Unfortunately I did not do that and gained every pound back..The wife and I are going back on it as soon as she is done breast feeding our baby. Check it out.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:12 PM

Received 2,862 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by lolls
I successfully lost 30 lbs in 5 weeks on MediFast..IT WORKS!! http://www.medifast1.com Im the biggest skeptic out there and I was amazed by it..I'm not trying to sell it or anything I just want to pass it along to people. If you can afford it and deal with the type of food that it is, you will lose weight..WARNING..Medifast isn't a lifestyle changing diet..Its fast and effective and will get you to the weight you want to be..TRUST ME.. its a very strict calorie reducing type of diet..please read the website carefully especially if you have health issues..It literally burns the fat out of you. Once you are off of it, you have to change your eating habits to a more healthy way..Unfortunately I did not do that and gained every pound back..The wife and I are going back on it as soon as she is done breast feeding our baby. Check it out.
^
That is my issue with any kind of diet which restricts specific foods, requires specific food or any other fad type diet. More often than not, you put the weight back on and more. "yo yo" dieting is not good.

Lose the weight slower by healthy eating and you're more likely to keep the weight off.

Just my .02. Different strokes.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well yeah like i said its not a life style changing diet. Its a hurry and lose the weight diet. A Proper "diet" isn't dieting at all..its just eating well and exercising..i needed a jump start with that...Unfortunately life gets in the way and it was difficult to eat right and exercise with the kind of career im in..so MediFast was simple for me..just eat this and the weight will come off..and it did, but it was up to me to continue the healthy style it taught me..i blame my self for putting the weight back on..MediFast is far from a fad diet..you can get to the weight you want to be and start fresh. I 100% agree with you Lainey about eating healthy and your more likely to keep it off..i felt that this was good for me and it was..My body aches went away and I felt like i was 18 again..BUT like i said I went back to the old ways at no fault but my own..
Old 10-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
My low last time was 192. Today I'm 198. Time to get back in gear.
199 is my goal weight... I'll get there.
Cut me some slack. I'm a grandparent.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:24 AM

It gets difficult when you're one of the tallest/widest S2K'ers...

Old 10-26-2011, 08:50 AM

When I hit my weight, I've been toying treating myself to an Ariel Atom.
I have to have goal / reward...
Old 11-30-2011, 03:29 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 149 Posts

Tabata Training - Indoor rowing magazine had an article on this. I found a website for them and it looks very doable.

Cone Mark's regimen that he described in the last thread may be similar to this. In any case thought I'd share the link in case someone wants to try.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:46 PM

Weight...
I'm so ashamed...
Up 13 lbs from bottom.
Ate nothing today until dinner.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:57 PM

Received 2,862 Likes on 1,667 Posts

If any of the ladies (and gents not that I've seen any gents in my class) are looking for a fun way to burn some calories, try a Zumba class.

Trust me you will get a good work out and it doesn't take too long before you aren't tripping over your own feet. In most cases, you don't have to sign up or commit to anything, you can pay as you go, generally $5.00 or $7.00/class.

Classes are everywhere. Just enter your zip code. Zumba
Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Argh, groan... I am bringing this thread back to life Tom dragged me to the gym today. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the bike.

Last day of their special signup for $10/a month membership... really hard to say no to that kind of deal... so I didn't

I drive RIGHT by there every Tuesday morning on my way to the cat adoption center, so at the VERY worst case I will be guilted into going one day a week.

I am shooting for Tuesday, Saturday and/or Sunday. Not going to pressure myself for more than that at this point, I just need to go - even if it's only 2 days a week - which is far better than I have averaged the last 6 months.

It will be easy in the winter since Tom doesn't work on weekends like he does in the summer. He's motivated to go and it's much easier to go with someone to encourage you. Hopefully that will carry over to the summer.