New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

What did Santa bring you?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:15 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by shoes59
My two healthy and happy kids. Materialistic things matter little to me anymore.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:35 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by shoes59
My two healthy and happy kids. Materialistic things matter little to me anymore.
Agree and like !
It's all that matters.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:42 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

My son-in-law gifted over some white tennis socks

- Whoop De Doo!

Still, I've been blessed for yet another year - loving wife, daughters in good marriages who call me "pater familias", four grandchildren who seem mostly healthy. And a camp and some boats and some cars to play with. What could be better?

I woke up Christmas morning and thought about the families in Newtown. Some of them had to have had gifts for the slain children. How horrible would that have been had it been me - or one of my daughters and their families. The pain they must be suffering is incomprehensible! How can those young parents ever come to terms with the horror? And it's not just them -m plenty of others have crosses to bear.

So I thank the Lord for allowing me to skate by for another year without any catastrophes. That year is what I got for Christmas.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a new camera and two lenses as a combination birthday and Christmas present. It's a long way from my old darkroom setup of 30 years ago. I do miss the excitement of seeing the picture appear on the paper in the developer. I am looking foward to meets and track days to take photos of everyone.

Harry
Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Nothing really. Just got to spend time with my lovely wife and a lot of time with old friends and relatives. Made it through two storms with only minor delays and finally made it to the West Coast and back. Bought gifts for nephews and nieces and friends children. Nothing for myself or the plus one. Just happy about life in general. I hope it keeps looking up for all of us and that we all continue to have good times.

The tragedy in Newtown and in Webster put things into perspective and the realization that it is the little things that matter, hit home for me. I am glad to have a great family and great friends that includes several of you.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
The tragedy in Newtown and in Webster put things into perspective and the realization that it is the little things that matter, hit home for me. I am glad to have a great family and great friends that includes several of you.
Well put.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 PM

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer... Seems like I struck a chord here by asking what people got for Christmas. I respect everyones answer and decision here. Family and being with the ones you love is all that matters all the time. Be safe and have a happy and healthy new year.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by lolls
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer... Seems like I struck a chord here by asking what people got for Christmas. I respect everyones answer and decision here. Family and being with the ones you love is all that matters all the time. Be safe and have a happy and healthy new year.
Don't worry about it!
The holiday is different for everybody
I for one still exchange gifts with my Mom and niece and think that's just fine
And I happen to really enjoy hearing about what cool stuff people got
Old 12-29-2012, 02:15 AM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by lolls' timestamp='1356758499' post='22235078
Don't worry about it!
The holiday is different for everybody
And I happen to really enjoy hearing about what cool stuff people got

Levi
Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 AM

Thanks Levi

Quick Reply: What did Santa bring you?