New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

What is wrong with you Upstaters?

Old 02-26-2002, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday was an amazing day; I nearly took the motorcycle out for a ride it was so sunny and warm!

I should be reading lots of great stories about the S2000s that got pulled out of their garages and set free.

I still have 48 some days before I get mine and reading your stories is supposed to help me get through the waiting spell, but if you don't write them, how am I going to get by???

Old 02-26-2002, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I set mine free on Sunday, but only for a short ride. Unfortunately, I am recovering from a cold, so I left the top up.

When it was warm near the end of January, I spent a Sunday afternoon with the top down driving completely around Seneca Lake. In Geneva, I spotted another red one pulling into a parking lot and we shared an enthusiastic wave.
Old 02-26-2002, 03:06 PM

Good to hear from your Eric N.
Hope you feel better soon!
Old 02-26-2002, 03:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eric N
[B]When it was warm near the end of January, I spent a Sunday afternoon with the top down driving completely around Seneca Lake.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by Triple-H
I should be reading lots of great stories about the S2000s that got pulled out of their garages and set free.
I agree with Skip - nothing new about this warm(ish) weather other than I put the top down.

Besides, I just got back from a 1500 mile road trip in the S and the whining from those Bridgestone RE730s at 80 mph for hours on end is a bit old. I'm already looking to my third set of tires - maybe the new Kumhos when they come out...
Old 02-28-2002, 04:42 AM

Morning Jeff!

What new Kumhos? Are they completely new or are they a revised version of the Kumho street tire Jon C. has on "his" Silver S2000?

Just so you guys have lots of time to gang up on me, I will be one of those who puts their S2000 under its blankie come about November and will not let it see out from under its cover until April sometime.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:01 AM

Originally posted by Triple-H
...I will be one of those who puts their S2000 under its blankie come about November and will not let it see out from under its cover until April sometime.
Oh, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug... The S2000 has four wheels, a great HVAC, and the hardtop has one of the best de-icers I've ever owned. This car was meant for year 'round driving!!
Old 02-28-2002, 07:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Testut
[B]

Oh, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug...
Old 02-28-2002, 07:49 AM

Originally posted by DoGMaN
Do they not use Salt down there???

Thats the secondary reason why I don't drive mine..plus a couple of feet of snow all over the place
Yes, we do. Nothing strikes greater fear into an upstate NY car owner than the appearance of white powder all over the car. Still, much of the S2000 appears to be plastic, I assume that the remainder is galvanized or in some manner treated against rust, and I wash the car every time the temperatures climb above freezing, which this year has been a lot. I haven't had rust on a car since my '85 Dodge Caravan and I sold that years ago.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]Morning Jeff!

Quick Reply: What is wrong with you Upstaters?