New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Who's red S2000 did my wife pass yesterday???

Old 03-15-2002, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's red S2000 did my wife pass yesterday???

My wife took the S to work yesterday and said she passed a red S2000 on Jefferson Rd(maybe Jefferson). Was it anyone on the list?

BTW, How come the spell checker doesn't know S2000?!?!?!?!
Old 03-15-2002, 04:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope it was not me
So, you letting the wife VTEC your new Spa?
Or is it just that yellow is a faster color than red?
Old 03-15-2002, 04:10 AM

No, she passed it going the other way. She's well aware of the break-in procedure. I HOPE!!

And yes, yellow is faster than red!!
Old 03-15-2002, 04:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daveg27
[B]No, she passed it going the other way.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:03 PM

Daveg27, That was me. I was heading down Jefferson Rd. and at the intersection of East Henrietta rd. Saw a Yellow S it was yours then. I was heading west the yellow was heading east "looks great!!!". I got right out of work at 4:00 rushed home took the cover off and was going for a spin. Odometer now at 416, notice shifter starting to feel smoother to me or not as notchie feeling.
My wife is to nervous to drive "good for me and the car!" Need more nice weather, its tuff looking at the cover. Got the cover 2 days ago ordered from California car covers. Picked the plush cover 4 layers ,flannel touches the paint real soft. It was custom tailored for the S, has pockets for mirrors and even a pocket for the antenna. I recommend it payed $149.00 plus $5.00 for bag and $12.99 shipping, 2 weeks for delivery. Also purchased the silicone water blade $19.99 unbelieveable how this thing sheds water off. Happy S ing!
Old 03-16-2002, 10:40 AM

JS... it was funny, i was cruising along and BAM saw you across the road... very nice. I didn't even anticipate seeing another one for a bit, or at least until the weather gets better.
(Dave wanted the red,,,but I had to say. YELLOW is key..)
being real careful of it, keeping her under 4500rpm, she's at 400miles now and at this time probably around 500, dave's out with our buddy O right now looking at the silver 2000 at the acura dealer in E. roch. hope he gets it...
the ironic thing is, dave is much more conservative driver than I am. I can guarantee that if I drove it everyday I would get into WAY too much trouble.

we are looking at covers too, haven't settled on a particular brand yet...
I almost got the water blade that day too at pep boys, but never used one before didn't know if it would be worth it.... I'll have to try it now.

cya on the road!
Old 03-16-2002, 10:44 AM

Originally posted by evil girl
He's out right now with his buddy at the acura dealer in e. rochester looking at the used 2000 silver.
Quick, call him on the cell phone.
Have your friend speak to Jon Cull, tell him I sent you, it could save him some $$$. Jon has driven the Silverstone Red/Black for a year or so himself. He just put new tires on it and has taken very good care of it.
Douglas Hood
Old 03-16-2002, 10:51 AM

darn, he's not answering the phone....he's probably having wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much fun since the sun is out. i'll definately pass on the message when and if he gets back..lol.
thanks mucho.
Old 03-16-2002, 11:45 AM

well, it appears that the silver 2000 was sold this morning...damn. oh well.
Old 03-18-2002, 07:20 AM

If your friend is really interested in a used S2000 here are a few ideas.
#1- Go back to Holtz Acura and meet with Jon. Tell him what is being looked for and see if he can find one coming in off a lease. If he knows what you are looking for he can usually find it. There would be no obligation to buy, because he would most likely like to have another one this summer to drive.
#2- Go/call Holtz Honda and ask for Roy Patterson, do the same thing with Roy ask him to find one.
#3- Go/call Holtz Honda and ask for Roy Patterson, tell him you want a killer deal on the new '01 Spa sitting in there showroom, and demand a reduced price because the hood has a small dent in it at the front.
#4- Go/call Holtz Honda and ask for Roy Patterson, have him do a search for an '01 that is still sitting on somebody's lot, unsold.
Good luck!

Quick Reply: Who's red S2000 did my wife pass yesterday???