New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

WNY SCCA event

Old 06-09-2002, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WNY SCCA event

Met Teaman (forgot to ask why the nickname) at the WNY event today - good to finally put a face to the man.

I shoulda made my first run and gone home. Cut a 53.3 which held FTD for much of the day. My second run was aborted when my damn knee apparently trapped the key fob against the steering column and actually turned the damned ignition off! Over 25 years and this has never happened. Humph! Then, on my third run, I get squirrely all over the place. Don't spin but I'da been better off if I had. Finally had a clean run on my 4th run but was slower than my first. I saw a 51 after my first run but then couldn't even equal the first. It was a faster course than usual (hitting the rev limiter in 2nd for 2-3 seconds - shoulda used 3rd) but then I was screwing everything else up so why worry about the little stuff?

Dave and Val, how'd ya do at the PCA event?
Old 06-10-2002, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of meeting, I almost met you this past Saturday afternoon, June 8th. I saw your S2000 parked at the Pittsford Wegmans. So I parked right next to you, got out, and admired the fine automobile. I even tried to see scar marks where you had that little incident, I couldn't notice anything! Looks like they did a decent job on the repair.

I went inside and did some shopping, hoping to meet you as I came out, but by the time I got out, you were gone! I should have left a "Hello" note on your windshield.

Did you notice my black Maxima next to you?
Old 06-10-2002, 04:58 PM

well, we both got 4 runs in ourselves. There were only 21 drivers and 18 cars so it was a short day, ended up finishing around noon then headed down the street to the euro car show. I did MUCH better than last time. the course was INSANE , they should of had lines for some of the sections, other than that it was very challenging. (Everyone had an DNF out of their 4 runs. ) The fastest time of the day was 70 seconds, I tink, which was our friend Owen. I did a pleasent 8th at 76 seconds with 2 DNF, damn cones moved right in front of me...lol. can't wait til the next event.
Dave didn't have as good of a day that I did, he had 4 dnf's. As I said before the track was insane.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by diskoe
[B]Speaking of meeting, I almost met you this past Saturday afternoon, June 8th.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:47 AM

I also got to meet Pat (tea-man) thanks to Jeff. Even with me struggling all day, I just think its funny that we both beat all the people with the "your honda sucks" shirts. In fact Dale and TK also beat them, so that's a total of 4 honda's that beat them, kinda funny. Maybe we should make up shirts that say "So if you get beat buy em, does that mean your just a really bad driver..."

See everyone on Sunday...

Chris
Old 06-11-2002, 10:25 AM

I must say I wasn't too impressed with the PCA event. The course was really challenging. I couldn't figure it out at all. I don't even know where I was going off course, it was pretty frustrating. At least the torture was over by noon. We had once casualty, an E36 M3 got a little out of control coming out of a turn and then got way out of control trying to correct. It skidded over a curbed island (getting a little airborne in the process) coming to straddling another curb. Honestly, the course layout did not offer much of a safety margin anywhere. It was pretty sickening watching such a nice car grind it's way over curbs. Amazingly, aside from one destroyed rim, there was no noticeable damage. Pretty impressive for a car that sits lower than the curbs it went over. I expected front fascia and rocker panel damage but all looked well. That kids dad is probably not all that happy with him.
Old 06-11-2002, 04:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2kfun
[B]I also got to meet Pat (tea-man) thanks to Jeff.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:13 AM

Glad to see you are all mixing it up and having a blast this year in the AutoX events.

I'm in shock at the BMW story at the PCA event. We in Rochester I thing are rather lucky with out Valeo lot. There are light poles but designing a route around them and away from them has proven easy with the experience we have from behind the scene helpers like Jeff.

One of my students at GVC BMW CCA Ultimate Driving School at The Glen this past Monday/Tuesday had a '91 NSX with the CompTech supercharger. We were only on street tires but boy did we have a blast! That thing makes 125 mph on the back straight, No Problem!!!

So according to my schedule book the next GVC BMW CCA AutoX at Valeo is June 23rd, the day after our Lunch get together at The Cannonball Pub in Wyoming.