New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

For you Ellen and Doug....

Old 12-10-2008, 03:55 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default For you Ellen and Doug....

http://www.wimp.com/nicecats/

thought of you guys.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cute!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic, thanks for sharing. I love my cats and yes, they sure do some silly/stupid things at times.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 AM

Cats are defiently the best ever
Old 01-02-2009, 12:55 PM

I have double the trouble now Suzie had a sister at the shelter, a tiger manx (Sasha) who seemed even less friendly.

At the time I thought one cat was the way to go but I've been feeling guilty for adopting Suzie w/o her sister... so this afternoon I went back to the shelter and adopted Sasha too.

NOT going quite as well as I anticipated! Suzie is hissing at her sister and acting scared of her. Sasha seems less phased and is exploring the whole place.

I know cats are very territorial but these two were really chummy in the shelter and it's only been a month since they have seen each other. Hoping for the best and them being friends again soon!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Two females? only one queen per hive.

We adopted a second female years after we took a female cat in. The cat that had been here for years was some pi$$ed. Vet told me we should have gotten a male.

Hopefully the two females will get used to sharing a space again. Ours did, but it took a while.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:41 AM

They are sisters though... and used to be really chummy at the shelter. That usually means they will get along well. I think they were separated too long and Suzie forgot... Sasha is being the submissive one, rolling over on her back and letting Suzie boss her around.

And Sasha actually slept on the bed with me her first night here. Was really surprised about that. She's a real talker too.

Sasha is not letting me pet her yet but Suzie is again. She hisses a little if Sasha gets too close but they have been watching squirrels and birds together all morning pretty happily.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:49 AM

All this talk of males and females, I'm confused, I just have two its.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tadashi' date='Jan 2 2009, 04:55 PM
At the time I thought one cat was the way to go but I've been feeling guilty for adopting Suzie w/o her sister... so this afternoon I went back to the shelter and adopted Sasha too.
NOT going quite as well as I anticipated! Suzie is hissing at her sister and acting scared of her. Sasha seems less phased and is exploring the whole place.
FWIW- as you know my two cats love each other, they are very close, eat, sleep, play and poop together, they share everything. HOWEVER- when I take one of them or both of them to the vet, when they get home they hiss and spit at each other for an entire day. I have no idea what it is other than maybe they pick up other cat odars and when they get home they don't recognize the good ole familiar smell. It is the strangest thing to me because they enjoy each other's company all the time, but bring one or both of the home from the vet, and for sure, there will be a day of trouble.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:59 AM

Suzie is still being a shit, hissing at Sasha but I do think in time she will adjust. Suzie forgets to be mad at her when they are both watching the squirrel together

Got some "calming" spray which you can spray onto carpet into the air or even just rub on your hands and pet the cat. Seems to help. Going thru a lot of it the first few days though

Quick Reply: For you Ellen and Doug....