Northern Florida and the Panhandle Includes Pensacola, Tallahassee, Lake City, and Gainesville

North FL fender rolling?

Old 02-04-2016, 02:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default North FL fender rolling?

Anyone know a shop that rolls fenders in tallahassee? I bought new wheels and my fenders are already mildly rolled but not far enough out so they still rub a little on big bumps. I thought I could get away with the mild roll I had til this summer but I ripped a clip out of my fender liner in the front today so i'm gonna need it done soon. I know I can do it myself for ~$50 but id much rather pay a shop to do a good job and not worry about cracking my paint or trying to get it done in a weekend
Old 02-07-2016, 11:54 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Was going to suggest SS Performance Group, but just checked and turns out they've switched formats completely.
As of my leaving in 2014, there was no other shops like that that could help you out.

So instead we'll kill two birds with one stone.
TallyImports.com meets at Milano's Pizzeria on W Tharpe St every Thursday around 9pm ("8" but stragglers). Go there and look for a guy named Arty, hard to miss Mexican guy that drives a turbo Civic coupe and pretty much runs the group. Last I knew, he worked at CarQuest on N Duval & W Virginia, so if his place doesn't have a roller, he most likely knows who in that group can get you squared away

I'd also suggest entering the lot from the MLK Blvd side because the Tharpe entrance is a killer for lowered cars.

So you get hooked up with rolled fenders and also check out the "car scene" there. Couple times a year they do a fun group drive to Thomasville as 'back-to-school' cruises.

If you're new to the area some fun roads to check out with the S2000 are:
Lakeshore Dr on the north side, but don't go apeshit as cops sometimes hide around there
Capital Circle NW from Monroe all the way around to CCNE is also fun at night
Meridian Rd up to the Georgia border
Monroe St up to Havana and Bainbridge (back roads are even better)
Other areas that are scenic/calming (worked @ FSU, needed it) drives include going to Thomasville, Quincy, Chattahoochee, Crawfordville, etc.

Apologize for the rambling, makes me miss the place a little bit compared to flat congested Miami.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:27 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

f@#king Alex that might be the most tech and useful post I have ever seen. I have a fender rolling guy in Crestview, but he did crack the paint on my front fenders when he did it so I had them repainted. If you are going for a more serious roll/pull I would advise cutting out the fender liner tabs prior to rolling them.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out the TallyImports FB group and/or forum. As Alex said there is a meet that goes on weekly and someone from there can definitely point you in the right direction.

Arty used to have a fender roller but has lent it to so many people I'm not sure if he knows where it is at these days. Sounds like you'd prefer a shop anyways though.

There is a guy named Ron Preacher that is also a regular. He runs probably the most honest shop in town and does good work so that would be my first suggestion since SS Performance is long gone. You can ask for Ron at the meet or via the FB group.

I don't go to the meets much anymore since I don't have much free time but if you want a more formal intro to some of these guys let me know and I might try and make it out for a fellow s2k owner.
Old 03-17-2022, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the guys name or contact i for to have my fenders rolled in crest view?
Originally Posted by King Tut
f@#king Alex that might be the most tech and useful post I have ever seen. I have a fender rolling guy in Crestview, but he did crack the paint on my front fenders when he did it so I had them repainted. If you are going for a more serious roll/pull I would advise cutting out the fender liner tabs prior to rolling them.