66.67%
McGregor
33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mayweather vs McGregor

Old 08-16-2017, 02:27 PM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Mayweather vs McGregor

This should be something! Biggest sports excitement for sometime. What's the verdict?

Old 08-16-2017, 02:36 PM

Me? I hope Conor gets his boat rocked but I know he's a tough dude.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mcgregor is the better overall fighter but mayweather is the better boxer so the irish is going down in the 6th by knock out cause he won't be able to match mayweathers speed and stamina in a "Boxing Match"

Im more anxious to see Triple G versus Canelo Alvarez in September. That should be the real fight of the year and I give it to the red headed mexican lol
Old 08-23-2017, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

50-0
Old 08-25-2017, 08:02 AM

Old 08-25-2017, 08:50 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

As a big MMA fan and just a casual boxing fan I still voted Mayweather. I am routing for Mcgregor and would love to see him succeed but I think is in over his head this time. Mcgregor is bigger and stronger and is unorthodox, has good power etc. But Floyd is FAR superior as a boxer and has been hit solidly by a few boxers who likely have as good of power as Mcgregor. We are doing a raffal for the fight where winner takes all. I'm picking Mayweather by 9th round stoppage as he will not KO Mcgregor but will ware him out and frustrate him and them overwhelm him with volume.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:35 AM

I think Conor may get frustrated and loose it, might start throwing kicks and get disqualified.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 8.5kallday
Mcgregor is the better overall fighter but mayweather is the better boxer so the irish is going down in the 6th by knock out cause he won't be able to match mayweathers speed and stamina in a "Boxing Match"

Im more anxious to see Triple G versus Canelo Alvarez in September. That should be the real fight of the year and I give it to the red headed mexican lol
I agree, much, much better fight...
I give the edge to Triple G because I think he is the
better boxer ... but all in all a pretty even fight.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Hard to say, both way too mouthy, both great fighters. Just a shame they could not let it be a real matchup. Hell yes! We will let this boxer show that MMA guy how to do it!!! Boxing is better! Just dont let him kick, elbow, grab, takedown or basically anything else involved in a real fight :P I guess when the last boxer tried to show an MMA fighter how it was done and was taken down in less than a minute and tapped in less than 4 min they decided not to let that happen again

I do like boxing and have tons of respect for them,. but if you want to have a boxing vs mma fight, then have it. Let them use all the tools both types of fighting allow, don't take away 90% of it so it is all boxing. Kinda like letting a soccer team play a football team but not allowing throws, catches, carries or tackles!

But I guess in this case, they just wanted to see if he was as good of a boxer as a boxer so we will see that. Honestly, I love seeing them both get hit because of their big mouths, but hope Connor wins it. Mainly because if he doesnt, there will be a million mouth breathing idiots saying "See boxers are still better fighters!" lol. When in reality, they perform in a very, very restricted set of rules, so while an MMA fighter has to spend time learning every aspect of fighting, a boxer can dedicate all of their career to throwing and blocking punches only, aimed only between the ridiculously high belt lines they allow and their faces. So still not a good comparison, but should be good fun to watch.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:50 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
Hard to say, both way too mouthy, both great fighters. Just a shame they could not let it be a real matchup. Hell yes! We will let this boxer show that MMA guy how to do it!!! Boxing is better! Just dont let him kick, elbow, grab, takedown or basically anything else involved in a real fight :P I guess when the last boxer tried to show an MMA fighter how it was done and was taken down in less than a minute and tapped in less than 4 min they decided not to let that happen again

I do like boxing and have tons of respect for them,. but if you want to have a boxing vs mma fight, then have it. Let them use all the tools both types of fighting allow, don't take away 90% of it so it is all boxing. Kinda like letting a soccer team play a football team but not allowing throws, catches, carries or tackles!

But I guess in this case, they just wanted to see if he was as good of a boxer as a boxer so we will see that. Honestly, I love seeing them both get hit because of their big mouths, but hope Connor wins it. Mainly because if he doesnt, there will be a million mouth breathing idiots saying "See boxers are still better fighters!" lol. When in reality, they perform in a very, very restricted set of rules, so while an MMA fighter has to spend time learning every aspect of fighting, a boxer can dedicate all of their career to throwing and blocking punches only, aimed only between the ridiculously high belt lines they allow and their faces. So still not a good comparison, but should be good fun to watch.
This^

Quick Reply: Mayweather vs McGregor